well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Good news about China

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good news about China
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted
As you may recall, my closest friend is from Mainland China and I get news from her, which she in turn gets from both Chinese media and her sister.

Her sister isn't just an ordinary citizen, but one of the most powerful women in China representing the opposition (how she's escaped arrest is a mystery but she is very cautious and clever). She's a noted journalist.

I just heard from my friend from both her sister and her own following Chinese media, that the tide is turning in China against Russian support for the Ukraine invasion both in the general populace and at the governmental level.

There is a groundswell of anger at Russia, saying they are destroying world peace, and had no legitimate reason to invade Ukraine.

Also apparently there is growing sympathy for the American POV about Putin.

I find this very heartening.

What's more, they report the resurgence of COVID in China, is seriously damaging the Chinese economy

--------------------------------
The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post