Notify
Tools

Spain
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
The coronavirus death toll in Spain has overtaken that in China, climbing to 3,434 and sitting behind only Italy, in a pandemic that has left about 20% of the world’s population living under lockdown.

After more than a week in lockdown, Spain has emerged as one of Europe’s hardest-hit countries, with 738 lives claimed in the past 24 hours. Italy remains the centre of the crisis with a total of 6,820 deaths – more than double the 3,285 deaths documented in Hubei, China.

In Spain, healthcare workers account for nearly 14% of the country’s 39,673 cases, officials say. Amid reports of overwhelmed emergency wards, doctors and nurses have complained of a lack of basic protective equipment that has forced them to ration crucial supplies and craft protective shields out of plastic bags.

Two unions representing doctors have filed lawsuits aimed at forcing the regional health authority and the Spanish government to deliver scrubs, masks and goggles to hospitals and other health centres.

Nato said on Tuesday that Spain had asked it for medical supplies, requesting items including 450,000 respirators, 500,000 testing kits and 1.5m surgical masks.

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...-extend-across-globe

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38013 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
One of my best friends has a 90-year-old father with a heart condition in Barcelona.

I like his spirit, because he assured her that he'd be fine, because it was people who were really old and really sick who were most vulnerable.

ROTFLMAO

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15522 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
"Well, I never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music..."

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
One of my best friends has a 90-year-old father with a heart condition in Barcelona.

I like his spirit, because he assured her that he'd be fine, because it was people who were really old and really sick who were most vulnerable.

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO
A geezer will always be someone older than my brother. He is six years older than I am.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25736 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
A good friend of mine returned from Spain 2 weeks ago. His daughter was able to get out about a week ago, right before the lockdown. She was studying abroad.

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post