well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hey, piqué

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, piqué
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted
What happened with the kitchen faucet?

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Oh! The replacement head arrived in the mail on schedule. While Mr. Pique was out I unscrewed the old one, screwed in the new one. It fit perfectly! All the functions worked--three different kinds of spray. Then I sat back and waited for Mr. Pique to make his discovery.

Well, that night he did the dishes and never said a word. I was a bit put out. I had set the buttons to a fancy spray setting we didn't have on the old one, figuring it would surprise him. But I didn't realize that once you shut the water off, the setting goes back to the basic default spray.

So he didn't notice anything! (We've determined, over the course of nearly 27 years, that this is the biggest difference between us and the underlying source of any conflicts we have--he notices very little and I notice everything--except when it's the opposite.)

I finally said, "Hey, look at this!" as I used the fancy spray setting. It took him a minute to grok what he was seeing. Maybe he thought it was leaking or broken? Anyway, when I had to at last explicitly explain to him what I had done (really a downer!) he got very happy and grateful.

Together we enjoyed our amazement that all we'd had to do was switch out the head, with no tools or even much effort, and that we could have done that and had a proper working faucet a long time ago.

We're enjoying it now. Smiler

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
You’ve described Mr. AM and me. I could put a Christmas tree in the living room and he wouldn’t notice.

But the upside? When I wanted a wildly upholstered sofa, he didn’t like it, but he said, “get what you like; I won’t notice after a week.” Everybody happy!

Congratulations on your new faucet!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
You’ve described Mr. AM and me. I could put a Christmas tree in the living room and he wouldn’t notice.

But the upside? When I wanted a wildly upholstered sofa, he didn’t like it, but he said, “get what you like; I won’t notice after a week.” Everybody happy!

Congratulations on your new faucet!

haha! that is JUST like mr. pique! i can get away with a lot because he just doesn't notice! Wink

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'm glad it had a happy ending.

Maybe there's material for a short story in there.

I might have been tempted to demonstrate the fancy spray setting by giving him a first-hand experience.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
pj: Big Grin

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe there's material for a short story in there.

actually there is a novel that comes to mind that is a cautionary tale. jane gardham's trilogy about "old filth."

the wife *thinks* the husband has no idea of what is going on, but after she dies, we discover he actually did know all along. he just preferred to ignore it.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The worst is when you have a husband who wants to be involved in every decision, yet is very indecisive. Or so I've heard... Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
such a husband and i would never have become a couple in the first place.

the first time he tried to get involved, it would have been to the curb!