well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Westchester has more cases than any other state
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Westchester has more cases than any other state
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
NYC 12,305 up 27% from yesterday.
Westchester 2,894 up 54% from yesterday! Jesus.
NJ 2,844
CA 2076
WA 1977

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33803 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yikes.

How are the nycs managing, jon? You guys OK?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
HairRaising

Stay safe....

We just had our 3rd case in our small city..I think one is right around the corner from me...

But I don't interact with them..The only person I interact with is my neighbor across the street, a nurse (who only teaches now...online). We have set up that she and I are our family, no one else comes in contact with us. This means we can take walks together every day...if I didn't have this I would go crazy.

I call and text my kids..my last housecleaning was the lockdown..no one comes in.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I've been walking with my neighbor, but I think that's over for now. We have her puppy with us, and she stops to let her dog visit with other dogs out for walks. She was almost face to face with a woman this morning as they tried to untangle the leashes when the dogs circled each other.

Solo walks here from now on, plus walking my own senior doggie, just the two of us.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Just now the QH press conference pointed out that the Greater NYC area is at higher warning...a hot spot...

Jon do what you have been doing...it would seem that the worst is now in your area.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
OMG. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20473 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
OMG.

Posts: 24793 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Holy S***!!!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We had about a 50% increase from yesterday to today as well. No where near as many cases as Westchester though.

Stay safe Jon, and everyone!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Cuomo is on CNN. He says hospitalizations are doubling every two and a half days, and the system will be overwhelmed in 1 1/2 to 3 weeks.

For weeks he has been saying he needs 30,000 ventilators. They just got 500 from the federal government. No success trying to buy out in the open market.

Trying to develop a way to split a ventilator.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's scary, Jon. I know you're taking every possible precaution and then some. I'm glad you stocked up, out of pocket or not, on months worth of your (many) medications!

Your situation is on my mind regularly.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
we have two cases in my county but one guy has been in isolation for rwo weeks and no one in his household got it. The other person was travelling in europe but got sick on the plane and is isolation in Chicago so only technically from here.

But lots of people convinced it's a democrat hoax. Our American Legion defiantly stayed open here until this week on the "fraternal organization" exemption but finally closed up their bar.

I've been on home isolation for 12 days. Been to wally world twice. washing my hands more than I ever have in my life.

how much of their spike do you think is due to aggressive testing? I hear they are testing EVERYONE.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Testing seems to be kind of all over the map. Easy to get in some places, not so much in others.

I would be looking at changes in hospitalization numbers as much or more than testing numbers. Also how quickly deaths are rising.

And thank you for doing your part to keep us seniors alive. We appreciate it. Seriously.

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
how much of their spike do you think is due to aggressive testing? I hear they are testing EVERYONE.

They are barely testing anyone down here.

Plus one to what WTG said re keeping your eye on hospitalizations and deaths, those are the numbers to follow right now.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
My daughter in law is being tested tomorrow - no small feat in Arizona.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34990 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post