well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fund Raiser Events - Do you go?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fund Raiser Events - Do you go?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
I am deeeeep in fundraiser planning for an event taking place in 10 days.

For some logistical,staff reasons,the planning stalled so we had to jump in it fast to get it going..That has fallen mostly on me. I am ok with it, just don't want to make it a regular thing! Blink

In the past we held THE event of the year in town, 500 people, folksy decor, nonprofit youth programs catering etc...

This year we are going small, more a reunion of supporters, local food vendors. Two hours in a tent outdoors with about 150 people. We have sold a good many tickets, though not yet sold out (that will likely happen next week). But in all honesty,tickets will just cover our costs. (Which is why I am in my garage building scare crows and working on making table linens over the weekend)

We are on the fence...I have been to some events, but since COVID they just are not the same. They seem tone deaf in some instances, some like nothing has happened.. WTF ...

So we are doing DIY, outdoors, thanking all those who got us through the last 10 years, more importantly, the last 2.5 years and looking forward to the next 10 years. But full on fund raiser? Nah...

What does the future hold? How do we connect with folks who support us? I really want to see our folks in person but that is not always possible.

What is the fundraiser climate near you? Do you attend events, cocktail parties etc? What local groups do you support and how? Do you volunteer? Donate?

We are looking for ideas on how to spin our 'events' in future..We so enjoy getting together with our supporters and the folks we serve...

All ideas welcome!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Went to those long ago. i now prefer to send a check or thoughts and prayers.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25709 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I always donated to silent auctions and such. Usually tool kits - popular with the guys in the crowd. Too bad not many asked - I never said no.

You couldn’t pay for advertising like that and it helps the cause.

[edit]. Your time is short, but I’ll bet if you post flyers in lumber yards, plumbing supply houses, electrical supply places and HVAC supply places you’ll get a great response. Of course you’ll allow a business card as part of the deal.

Silent auctions are generally profitable. I know I’ve overpaid at many of them.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34969 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We don’t usually go to the fundraiser events for the organizations we give to; we just give money at the end of the year. This was true even pre-covid. We did attend our school auctions, though.

And I do donate items for silent auctions, too.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I put them on every year too. It’s never certain how it works out, but we usually do pretty well. One coming up next month.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13556 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post