well-temperedforum.groupee.net
for those who spread misinfo on social media then get sick

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/8983958697

20 January 2022, 05:34 PM
Big John
for those who spread misinfo on social media then get sick
https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

With a few exceptions, everyone listed on this site was/is an anti-vaxxer activist who helped spread COVID-19 misinformation on social media, then ended up on a ventilator, in the ICU, or dead.

Interesting and exhaustive list.

--------------------------------
Another day in Paradise.

20 January 2022, 05:38 PM
Piano*Dad
Well THAT is morbid ...
20 January 2022, 05:42 PM
Steve Miller
Preach it! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

20 January 2022, 06:02 PM
Big John
I've developed a low tolerance for people who confuse freedom with irresponsibility, immaturity or both. Without social responsibility it's just adolescence.

Another day in Paradise.

20 January 2022, 06:14 PM
wtg
Frowner

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

20 January 2022, 06:17 PM
Piano*Dad
quote:
Originally posted by Big John:
I've developed a low tolerance for people who confuse freedom with irresponsibility, immaturity or both. Without social responsibility it's just adolescence.

I agree with that sentiment, and have been called various names (mostly derogatory) on social media for my lack of fountain-worthy teary public displays.

My usual response is that most of these folks are confusing true empathy (that motivates action) with casual heart-on-their-sleeve posturing kinda empathy. I don't do a jig of joy when I hear of some adolescent (as you aptly put it) who has died for their freedoms. I just go on with my day. And I'm sure that's what the self-proclaimed social media empaths do as well.
20 January 2022, 06:24 PM
Big John
There's not much to be said.

So it's interesting to see someone documenting outcomes of folks who know everything.

Another day in Paradise.

21 January 2022, 12:09 AM
pianojuggler
Daily Sound and Fury (a leftist web site) calls them The Herman Cain Awards. They probably picked that up from somewhere else. It's tacky, but it fits.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

21 January 2022, 07:23 AM
CHAS
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Daily Sound and Fury (a leftist web site) calls them The Herman Cain Awards. They probably picked that up from somewhere else. It's tacky, but it fits.

Yes, that is tacky and, yes, I like it. Smiler

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

21 January 2022, 07:48 AM
Lisa
Reddit has a forum called the Herman Cain Awards - it came from there. I've followed it for months now and it is depressing. (And yet, I find myself thinking "well that's one fewer vote for the other guys" every time someone kicks the bucket. So there's that.....)

At some point, you'd think this sort of thing has to start making a difference in some of these swing states. The Republicans are basically bumping off their own base. I don't get it.
22 January 2022, 06:32 PM
Big John
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:

ouch! but yeah. professional irony.

and what Lisa said.

Another day in Paradise.

22 January 2022, 06:58 PM
pianojuggler
“My mama always said, ‘stupid is as stupid does’.”
-F Gump

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

22 January 2022, 08:21 PM
CHAS
My late sister's son-in-law sent an anti-vaxx bunch of carp on the text set-up to go to everyone in the family.
I told him what he can go and do and alienated that entire side of the family.
Trying to decide whether that is a bad thing.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

29 January 2022, 09:26 PM
Lucky Lurker
owning the libs
29 January 2022, 09:35 PM
Steve Miller

Life is short. Play with your dog.