well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Critical Race Theory and actual education policy

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/8883965697

08 November 2021, 08:42 AM
Piano*Dad
Critical Race Theory and actual education policy
From Matt Yglesias

He has a knack for annoying the deep believers of the left and the right.
08 November 2021, 09:31 AM
QuirtEvans
It is all about marketing. Republicans are great at marketing. Democrats can't do it worth a damn.

That's why, if you ask a voter what critical race theory is, they can't answer the question, but they know they don't like it.
08 November 2021, 11:27 AM
Mikhailoh
That is sadly what the GOP is running on in local races from city councils to township trustees to school board members. The CRT boogeyman.

And Quirt is right. Most people don't know what it is but they damn sure don't like it. I have distanced myself from the local GOP. They disgust me.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

08 November 2021, 12:40 PM
markj
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
That is sadly what the GOP is running on in local races from city councils to township trustees to school board members. The CRT boogeyman.

And Quirt is right. Most people don't know what it is but they damn sure don't like it. I have distanced myself from the local GOP. They disgust me.

+1
08 November 2021, 12:57 PM
Piano*Dad
Hey guys, now read the article ... Big Grin

It's about a lot more than the CRT boogeyman.
08 November 2021, 02:11 PM
QuirtEvans
I did read the article.

Now you tell me what percentage of Youngkin voters were aware of those statistics. Maybe start by telling me what percentage of Youngkin voters were aware that those tests existed.