well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    This is OK

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is OK
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
But servants are SO much trouble.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25712 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The small palace, courtyard, and estate would be fine with me.

I wouldn't let anyone live with me, and I certainly wouldn't have a winery.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I love the property and the building. The interiors look newly refurbished and not to my tastes. If it were mine, I'd completely redecorate the interior. But a great property, in my eyes. It's probably pricey considering the reno that's been done.

If you like French chateaux, there are several British ex-pats with YouTube channels documenting their renovation of old chateau. Some of those old chateaux can be had for an amazingly low price.

One of my favorites is "Escape To Rural France" with Dan. He's renovating (nay, rebuilding) an early 20th Century chateau that was ruined in a fire decades ago. It's amazing what he's doing. (The Chateau was at one time owned by Co Co Channel, and was at one time a refuge for children fleeing the Nazi's)

Dan was originally part of Stephanie Jarvis' channel, "The Chateau Diaries". Her channel is fantastic as well. The first one I subscribed to.

Others I subscribe to and enjoy:
"Escape To The Dream, Restoring The Château"
"The Petherics" (restoring a Chateau and an old convent)
"Manor and Maker, Chateau Adventures in France" (they're from Canada, originally)
"Journey To The Chateau"

There are a lot of these channels.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10574 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Some of these houses they have in France and England are amazing.

I love to watch these advertisements and channels even though I know I'll never live in such houses.