Tools

Papers?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We don't need no stinkin'.....

quote:
While President Trump was in office, staff in the White House residence periodically discovered wads of printed paper clogging a toilet — and believed the president had flushed pieces of paper, Maggie Haberman scoops in her forthcoming book, "Confidence Man."

Why it matters: The revelation by Haberman, whose coverage as a New York Times White House correspondent was followed obsessively by Trump, adds a vivid new dimension to his lapses in preserving government documents. Axios was provided an exclusive first look at some of her reporting.

Haberman reports Trump has told people that since leaving office, he has remained in contact with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un — whose "love letters," as Trump once called them, were among documents the National Archives retrieved from Mar-a-Lago.

Zoom out: The news of White House toilet-flushing comes as the National Archives has reportedly asked the Biden Justice Department to examine Trump's handling of White House records, amid the congressional investigation into the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol.

The Washington Post reports that National Archives officials "suspected Trump had possibly violated laws concerning the handling of government documents." The National Archives later retrieved 15 boxes from Mar-a-Lago, The Post reported.

Archives officials found possible classified material in the returned boxes, The New York Times learned.

While in office, the former president blithely flouted the Presidential Records Act, which required him to preserve written communications concerning his official duties.

Trump routinely tore up documents and after leaving office brought substantial written materials back to Mar-a-Lago.

A Trump spokesman didn't respond to a request for comment about the plumbing matter.

https://www.axios.com/maggie-h...23-8ef709af524f.html

Great snippet at the end of this ABC News report... DJT railing about Hillary's emails and federal requirements to preserve documents....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...te/story?id=82781128

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
He's the nightmare that keeps on giving....

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Felony... From another article "It’s not because of the Presidential Records Act, which Kirschner called “largely toothless,” but rather a closely related law that does have some fangs: 18 U.S. Code § 2071, which prohibits concealing, removing or mutilating official records."

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2071

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
MyPillow Customer Finds Classified
Documents Inside Duvet

AKRON, OHIO (The Borowitz Report)—In a remarkable discovery, a customer who purchased
a MyPillow duvet found it stuffed with classified documents from the desk of Donald J. Trump.

Carol Foyler, who lives in Akron, Ohio, said that, after she accidentally tore open the duvet, a
trove of shredded documents came spilling out.

After she began taping together the documents, she found several relating to national defense,
including an order from Trump to send a birthday cake to the North Korean leader, Kim Jong
Un.

Foyler said that, once she finishes reconstituting the documents, she will send them to the
National Archives in Washington for safekeeping.

“Obviously, it’s not ideal to find classified documents inside a random duvet, but so far I haven’t
seen the nuclear codes,” she said.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ok, now I’m laughing. Every time that idiot pillow guy is on the TV in and ad whining about cancel culture I want to throw something at him.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a remarkable discovery, a customer who purchased
a MyPillow duvet found it stuffed with classified documents from the desk of Donald J. Trump.

Eeker

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
That quote is from the Borowitz Report….

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes, it took me a minute to figure it out. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
AKRON, OHIO (The Borowitz Report)

Where? What, it doesn't say it anywhere though....

Wink