well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The cyberstalkers from eBay

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The cyberstalkers from eBay
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Unreal.

quote:
Investigation continues after couple became the target of harassment, stalking by eBay employees

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/i...anscript-2023-03-26/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37979 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Wow!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34982 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow indeed.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18589 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Jesus.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20468 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Saw that last night. Incomprehensible to me that this could happen - a group of employees could do something this intrinsically evil.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13566 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Yikes

J

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17685 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
60 Minutes last night was quite good, and yep this episode of terrorization from Ebay was very distressing. People who have money not only believe they can do anything to anyone, for the most part it seems to be true.

The segments on prosthetics and the interview with Charles Barkley were also very good. It's way cool that prosthetic limbs can now actually convey a sense of touch to the wearer. Both segments are worth checking out IMO.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I love the Chuckster. Mr Nina and our son, then about seven, ran into him in Scottsdale, and reported he couldn't have been nicer to our kid.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Another sad story. They seemed like such nice people too, and he was visibly shaken, his voice seeming on the verge of tears. I just wanted to reach out and hug him, and say "there, there."

I've been stalked under very different circumstances and it's hard to describe just how awful it can be to live through it, especially alone.

Also, there can be a side of it that is extra troubling, how to convince others (including the cops!) that it's really happening. Clearly, there is a deeply sadistic side to certain people who engage in such harassment (and who really get off on it!)

I still can't figure out what EBAY was so upset about. What did they think they stood to loose?

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
That was a deeply disturbing story. I wonder what the internal company ethos was that allowed this to take place? While there were a few bad apples identified and punished, one is left to wonder how far the rot had spread.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7420 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
d punished, one is left to wonder how far the rot had spread.

Big Al

It seems pretty clear that the rot started at the top. Why else all those messages giving marching orders to "take her down" and "I want nothing to be left but ashes"? (paraphrase)

Most disturbing is one of the two ringleaders being let go with a $27 million severance package.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post