well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Ok now this is serious
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ok now this is serious
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
They just cancelled the Palm Springs tournament I was supposed to attend. I have a $600 ticket on United to nowhere.

Can I get my money back?

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Ask! If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

My conference in Seattle/Bellevue next weekend is “postponed” so I’m not teaching next weekend. But I was planning to drive up, so no airfare involved.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9784 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Gosh, I’m so disappointed. This was my last chance to attend this tournament.

Yet I’m still expected to commute on the subway rather than telework.

Posts: 19753 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Seen on Twitter:

Italy has banned weddings and funerals for 16 million people. Japan has closed schools for a month. France and Iraq have banned public gatherings. The U.N. has canceled all physical meetings to address climate change. Americans are uncertain what to do about Coachella.

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I made a post on Facebook asking if folks were forgoing concerts. They’re not, so far. My next gig is playing for a fundraiser for the wonderful space Roulette in Brooklyn at the end of April. I hope the panic will have subsided by then.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13763 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
I made a post on Facebook asking if folks were forgoing concerts. They’re not, so far. My next gig is playing for a fundraiser for the wonderful space Roulette in Brooklyn at the end of April. I hope the panic will have subsided by then.

I hope this doesn't depress you too much. Read the whole thread.

https://twitter.com/LizSpecht/...095180459003909?s=20

Posts: 45718 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Gosh, I’m so disappointed. This was my last chance to attend this tournament.

United may be the worst airline in America, but I believe even they have modified their cancellation policy to accommodate the current situation. Call and see.

quote:
Yet I’m still expected to commute on the subway rather than telework.

Heh. Your top boss cares not one bit how you get to work and would just as soon you quit. Ask him when he returns from his latest golf trip - you’ll see.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34794 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Cindy, I thought I saw United was refunding tickets. I hope that turns out to be the case!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18288 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
They are waiving change fees for tickets purchased in March.

I purchased my ticket on Dec. 30. I now have a credit for $688, which I have to use by Dec. 30. Regarding the change fee of $200, they are putting "a note in the file" about the reason for the cancellation.

Where am I going in the middle of a pandemic with my credit?

: sigh :

Others apparently have it much worse, so I can't complain about possibly losing $200. People who booked through VRBO have no recourse so far.

This is making me want to go sell off my stocks . . .

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
They are waiving change fees for tickets purchased in March.

I purchased my ticket on Dec. 30. I now have a credit for $688, which I have to use by Dec. 30. Regarding the change fee of $200, they are putting "a note in the file" about the reason for the cancellation.

Where am I going in the middle of a pandemic with my credit?

: sigh :

Others apparently have it much worse, so I can't complain about possibly losing $200. People who booked through VRBO have no recourse so far.

This is making me want to go sell off my stocks . . .

You should have told them you are canceling because you have covid19

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21283 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
But if they won't refund you'll go ahead and fly. Evil

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
But seriously, Cindy? I think I'd just flat tell then you are going to telework, that there is no benefit of being there in person that outweighs the risk to your health and your family's. I suspect you will not be the only one.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13509 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I should go downstairs and sew a mask. Just wear it on the metro and bus.

It would be a very festive fabric I purchased for seat cushions that I never wound up using. I should have some elastic.

And I'll bet there is a pattern on-line.

Cindy -- who thinks the masks would make for a fun Halloween costume someday

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
The SEC just told DC workers to stay home.

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Looks like telework is coming.

Trouble is, our remote network capacity doesn’t allow 100 percent telework. So some people cannot be on for stretches of time. Which means people will be home but not working.