well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Plant neurobiology

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plant neurobiology
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Botanist Stefano Mancuso: ‘You can anaesthetise all plants. This is extremely fascinating’

An advocate of plant intelligence, the Italian author discusses the complex ways in which plants communicate, whether they are conscious, and what his findings mean for vegans

https://www.theguardian.com/en...inating-tree-stories

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The Secret Life of Plants

This was a must-read when I was in college, along with Titters, Hitchhiker's Guide and any novel by Tom Robbins.

While listening to Rumours, of course! Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
So fruit is probably the most ethical thing you can eat, more so than, say, kale?

“Maybe fruit is the most ethical, but you need to defecate on the ground afterwards, because otherwise you are breaking the cycle.”

Big Grin

That was fun to read. I’m incredibly attached to my plants, to the point that I’m worried about what will happen to a couple of them when I am gone (ones that I’ve had forever). I’ve become the caretaker of the plants at the gallery, we have geraniums that are old and taller than me! They add so much to the space.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post