well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What right do we have to tell Mexico to stop

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What right do we have to tell Mexico to stop
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted
people from coming into their southern borders?

NONE.

Who pays for tariffs?

WE DO. another tax on our purchases.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
It’s a back door, sneaky way of creating a national sales tax. Republicans believe in regressive taxes, not progressive income taxes. This fits the bill.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
It’s a back door, sneaky way of creating a national sales tax. Republicans believe in regressive taxes, not progressive income taxes. This fits the bill.

A tax and one more way to injure this nation and it's
people.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:

But what right do we have to tell any other nation what they can or cannot do...or who can come into their nation?

I heard/read/saw on the news that Mexico has a welcome open boarder to their nation.

It is more bullying. And not representative of the US people...

If we don't want immigrants in our southern border, then we should change our laws (of which I do not believe in)

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Well, nations do exist in a world where cooperation is often more beneficial than go-it-alone independence. We would indeed benefit if we could forge some cooperative solutions to the migration "problem." Mexico could be more helpful in that endeavor. Trump is using his usual big stick to beat us and them at the same time. And hitting people doesn't usually make for a trusting long-term relationship.

quote:
If we don't want immigrants in our southern border, then we should change our laws (of which I do not believe in)

Unfortunately, go-it-alone solutions include the wall, roughing up migrants to change the incentive to come, and being real sh!ts toward asylum seekers.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post