well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    DeSantis attacks my alma mater

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DeSantis attacks my alma mater
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
https://www.heraldtribune.com/...florida/69784941007/

Separation of church and state isn't his thing. SMH.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Well it says "new" right there in its name, so clearly it's progressive and bad. (snark)

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
In my day, he would have failed miserably; with the third and current administrative foundation put in place after I graduated, I don't know.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
So maybe Youngkin in VA isn't quite as scary as DeSantis as the future of the morally bankrupt GOP.

DeSantis seems prepared to break the institution just to score a few angertainment points with the base and maybe get a few thousand extra votes from the most troglodyte of that wonderful group of people. Frankly, I don't think he cares a whit for the health of the institution. The most likely outcome of his politicized intervention is that he'll leave the institution broken and bleeding, but not transformed into his "classical" paradise. And that'a perfectly fine with him.

Youngkin, by comparison, hasn't really messed with our higher education system beyond eliminating vaccine mandates.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com...-college-of-florida/

These people have no business there.

What did they spend over fifty years creating?

Scum.