well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    So fundraising is going pretty well

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So fundraising is going pretty well
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Pretty good, especially considering he's not holding rallies to energize voters.

quote:
Joe Biden's campaign, the Democratic National Committee and their joint fundraising committees together raised $364.5 million in the month of August, his campaign announced Wednesday.

Why it matters: The total is believed to be the most ever raised by a presidential candidate in a single month, likely driven in part by Biden's announcement on Aug. 11 that he had tapped Sen. Kamala Harris to be his running mate, according to the New York Times.

By the numbers: $205 million, or 57% of the total, was raised from online, small-dollar donations, according to the campaign. More than 1.5 million Americans contributed last month for the first time.

https://www.axios.com/joe-bide...c3-9e1a843b5d23.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Must admit that the percentage of that total contributed by yours truly is smaller than I want to see.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
well, I was in the "small dollar donations."

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I, with LS and Mr. Sphinx are all new donors.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
With considerable trepidation (based on some very threatening developments in my personal finances) I donated a small sum to be withdrawn weekly.

At first I thought it was monthly but then saw the other in small print. Hesitated then decided to go ahead. Everyone remotely able has to do something.

Just wondering if donating to the Dem Party was the best place for my money. Should I have sent it to the Biden campaign? I think I can still change it. What about Susan Wild, running for a hotly contested seat in Arizona. A low key campaign endorsed by Buttigieg. Arizona is much sought after. Of course, the House is less important than the Senate which is less important than the White House...

Just annoys me that shortly after clicking on the donate link,
I got another uber frantic call (Pelosi? Dunno I lose track) from them imploring me to donate a bit more so somebody or something could meet their monthly quota.

What are they, car salesmen? WTF

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Once you give, you are in the database and will be pestered ceaselessly. You can always unsubscribe from various lists, but every Democratic candidate who thinks you might give a few nickels will send you emails. Can't tell you how many I've gotten from Amy McGrath's campaign, and Kelley's campaign, and Sarah Gideon and ...

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I meant to give before the end of the month but I’ll do so before my birthday next week.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Well, I'll ask again, hoping someone will sign in.
Do you think the Dem party was the best recipient or Biden himself? (Susan Wild?)

(That was supposed to read quota above - as I hope was figured out.)

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I’d give to the Biden campaign, not the party, that’s just me.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
What about Susan Wild, running for a hotly contested seat in Arizona.

Susan Wild is Pennsylvania--but yes, a hotly contested and important seat. In Arizona, the heat and fire is around Mark Kelly, running for Senate (Jon Kyl's old seat), against the incumbent Trump toady Martha McSally. Technically she is the incumbent, but she was appointed after Kyle resigned. This will be her first Senate election. She's successfully run in the past as a Representative. Mark Kelly is Gabby Gifford's husband, and a retired astronaut.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
McSally lost to Sistema. So this will be her second loss.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
quote:
Originally posted by Amanda:
What about Susan Wild, running for a hotly contested seat in Arizona.

Susan Wild is Pennsylvania--but yes, a hotly contested and important seat. In Arizona, the heat and fire is around Mark Kelly, running for Senate (Jon Kyl's old seat), against the incumbent Trump toady Martha McSally. Technically she is the incumbent, but she was appointed after Kyle resigned. This will be her first Senate election. She's successfully run in the past as a Representative. Mark Kelly is Gabby Gifford's husband, and a retired astronaut.

Many thanks for all the info. I have NO idea why I thought Wild was in Arizona especially as I live in PA. I certainly will contribute at least a token amount to her campaign. I'm sure numbers of contributors gives the candidates encouragement, not just the absolute amount.

To face the painful facts, if (G-d forbid) the creature wins another term it will be all the more important to have a hostile (to him) Congress.

(Haven't heard from any Senatorial candidates - more important if anything. Any thoughts about the most important races where a small margin might turn the tide for them?)