well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Built for Zero

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/8751051366

17 March 2019, 10:05 AM
wtg
Built for Zero
quote:
3 cities in the U.S. have ended chronic homelessness: Here’s how they did it

Nine more have ended veteran homelessness. It’s part of a national program called Built for Zero that uses a data-based approach to help officials figure out exactly who needs what services. Now it’s accelerating its work in 50 more cities.

https://www.fastcompany.com/90...eres-how-they-did-it

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

17 March 2019, 10:21 AM
Steve Miller
Interesting work.

It looks to me like they focus on homeless veterans first, giving them a small-ish subset of homeless to work with and learn from. From there they use what they learn and apply it to the larger homeless community.

Let's hope it scales up.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

17 March 2019, 10:24 AM
Axtremus
Nice!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

17 March 2019, 11:50 AM
pianojuggler
We desperately need that here. If Jeff Bezos would kick in a few mil to get it goi...

...oh, never mind.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

17 March 2019, 01:35 PM
Nina
Around here, at least, there is a huge problem with mental illness among the homeless. It's not clear to me that these individuals would ever be willing to accept housing. I can't tell from this article, but it appears that their target group are people who have requested housing assistance, not the homeless population at large. I could be wrong, though.

Still, I think it's a great idea and should be expanded to other places. It's also a nifty advert for Tableau (a very nice piece of software, that's sadly too $$ for my place of work).