well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Good Ones

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Good Ones
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted
Yesterday, my sister picked up my Mom at her home, they went out to dinner (not what I would have chosen to do)...But, the restaurant was not busy and when they sat down a pile of cash for a tip was there.

It took a bit of time to get service and the manager checked in with them, and then took the tip cash left behind.

When they were done, they found the manager has comped their dinner. Smiler

Today, on the way to take my Mom to my sister's home 3 hours away, they stopped at a drive up fast food joint. When they got to the window, they were told the car ahead of them had paid for their meal.

My Mom and my sister asked to pay for the folks behind them to pay it forward. Smiler

In times of trouble, there are many folks who really step up. Warms my heart.

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
People are fundamentally good.

I posted about the woman who was hailed by an elderly couple in the parking lot of a grocery store. They gave her their shopping list and $100; they were in their 80s and afraid to go into the store.

And also my neighbors, who reached out to the wtgs to be sure we senior citizens were ok.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
How do you pay for the persons behind you when you don't know what they are going to order?

(Thinking it's a nice idea!)

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The second car had probably finished placing its order while the first car was picking up theirs. Whenever I pull away from the ordering kiosk, they always tell me what I'll owe.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post