well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My Bet: No 2020 School Year

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Bet: No 2020 School Year
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. de Blasio, speaking at an evening news conference, said the question of whether to keep the schools open was more complex than some people were making it seem. Mass closings, he said, could shut schools down not just for the rest of the current academic year but potentially through the rest of 2020.

“We shut down the school system, we might not see it for the rest of the school year, we might not see the beginning of the new school year,” he said. “And that weighs heavily on me.”

So, how does putting off closing schools change that? I don’t understand the thinking here.

Back to the larger question, of will schools be closed for the rest of this year, this terrifies me.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18572 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post