well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Goodyear Christmas albums

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Goodyear Christmas albums
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
I recently learned the Goodyear Tire Company put out a Christmas album once a year for several years in the mid 1960’s. They’re available on YouTube.

This is the Christmas music I grew up with and I’m enjoying it very much. Perhaps you’ll like it too.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I think we had some of those.

My mother bought a second-hand stereo in the late 1960s and it came with some Christmas albums that were put out by some company, although for some reason Firestone comes to mind. I'll check those out. Thanks!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15514 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Look! Here's an article about the Goodyear and Firestone Christmas albums. You could get them for a dollar while you were waiting to get your oil changed.

Christmas albums and tires

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15514 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We had some of the Firestone albums. My dad and I used to make a special trip to the Firestone dealer at Christmas to buy this year's version. I think we had volumes 3, 4, and 5.

edit: Just read Mary Anna's link. I still had those albums until last year. They survived a trip to the used record shop maybe 10 years ago; that guy didn't want them. I don't have a turntable and Mr wtg hates Christmas carols, so in the great basement cleanout they ended up as a donation to a charity resale shop.

Oh, well. Hope they got a good buck for them and that somebody is enjoying them....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Not just tire companies, but Ace Hardware and Singer Sewing Machine as well! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post