well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hunter Biden's Laptop - can someone give me the TL:DR version

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunter Biden's Laptop - can someone give me the TL:DR version
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted
So I was having a "discussion" with my mom yesterday where I was pointing out all the reasons Trump should be in jail and, like a good Trumper, she was responding with all the reasons Biden should be in jail. She kept coming up with "Hunter Biden's laptop" which as far as I know, was some kind of nonsense that involved some rando computer repair guy in Delaware claiming Hunter Biden left his laptop there and conveniently forgot to pick it up so he gave it to rudy guiliani Roll Eyes but she swears the FBI is involved and it's legit. I tried to read through the wikipedia article on it but got lost in the sea of words by the second paragraph. Can anyone tell me what the TL : DR version of this story is. Is there anything to it or it is Tucker Carlson koolaid like I suspect it is? Not that anything I say is going to budge my mother's thinking one iota, but it's always good to have the actual facts, and in this case, I honestly don't know them. I tried googling but quickly got lost in a rabbit hole of fake news websites which again, makes me think this is all made-up bullcarp.

Posts: 4406 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Not even the NYT can answer your question, apparently:

What We Know and Don’t About Hunter Biden and a Laptop

https://nyti.ms/3ojRpss

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Butter emails!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
Ack I am paywalled from that article, Pique. Frowner

I did find this on snopes though.

https://www.snopes.com/news/20...den-laptop-giuliani/

Posts: 4406 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa:

I looked around and couldn't find a free version on MSN or Yahoo.

NYT subscribers can post a gift link so anyone can read it.

And you can use Reader Mode, which for some reason the paywall allows.

But that particular article is a year old, and there may be more updated info available.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
NYT <> TL;DR

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:

There was one key sentence in the NYT article. It said that the computer repair shop guy was legally blind! He said a man came and dropped off the laptop and said he was Hunter Biden and left, then never came back to pick up the laptop. The blind owner said he couldn't see for himself if it actually was Hunter Biden.

This smells like a plant to me. Guiliani's henchmen planted a laptop full of crap and chose a shop with a blind owner. Sounds just like something Trump's guys would do.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
There’s a big article on this in New York Magazine, and since I didn’t see the NYT piece I saved the NY one on a tab on my phone (I don’t have a subscription). I keep intending to read it (it’s kinda long) and when I do I’ll report back here.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13815 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, RP.

quote:
The Sordid Saga of Hunter Biden’s Laptop The most invasive data breach imaginable is a political scandal Democrats can’t just wish away.

https://nymag.com/intelligence...p-investigation.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37953 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:

There was one key sentence in the NYT article. It said that the computer repair shop guy was legally blind! He said a man came and dropped off the laptop and said he was Hunter Biden and left, then never came back to pick up the laptop. The blind owner said he couldn't see for himself if it actually was Hunter Biden.

This smells like a plant to me. Guiliani's henchmen planted a laptop full of crap and chose a shop with a blind owner. Sounds just like something Trump's guys would do.

The snopes article quotes an email purportedly from the Ukranian henchman who supposedly met with Joe Biden thanking Hunter for setting up the meeting. It is full of typos and honestly sounds like something slapdashedly written by either Trump or Guiliani himself. Would not surprise me at all if they wrote it and set the whole thing up.