well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Typical people from each state
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Typical people from each state
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Portraits generated by AI:

I don’t know about the rest of the country but they absolutely nailed the midwestern look.

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
At least the woman from Illinois has a bit of a smile.

Is everyone else really as miserable in real life as they look in these generated portraits?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t say everybody, but one thing I’ve noticed is that there are a lot of really angry people here. I saw a few in CA but nothing like this.

Random strangers go off on politics, sports teams, gas prices, taxes, and the quality of produce at the grocery store. They might direct their anger at me, their companion or the universe at large but there’s no doubt they’re angry. I’ve stopped going to one gas station because the clerk just won’t shut up and I no longer trade anywhere I see wingnut hate signs.

They’re also scared about all sorts of stuff, despite my little berg being listed among the safest small towns in the country. The police and fire departments are enormous for the size of the town and every other little town has departments of similar size.

I originally thought they were afraid of change but the area has remained virtually unchanged since 1950 so I don’t know. Maybe the AI has picked up on this.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
If these portraits are to be believed, most Americans are either angry or discouraged. There were just a handful of smiles or even non-emotional looks in the gallery. Maybe that says more about AI than the population at large.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I wouldn’t say everybody, but one thing I’ve noticed is that there are a lot of really angry people here. I saw a few in CA but nothing like this.

Random strangers go off on politics, sports teams, gas prices, taxes, and the quality of produce at the grocery store. They might direct their anger at me, their companion or the universe at large but there’s no doubt they’re angry. I’ve stopped going to one gas station because the clerk just won’t shut up and I no longer trade anywhere I see wingnut hate signs.

I wonder if this is the Trump effect, that of fostering anger and bad feeling.

People in NY City I don't think complain all that much in person but they sure do in comment sections of the media. Or maybe that's mostly Staten Islanders who complain about how awful it is and how, as soon as they retire, they're gonna move to some shangri-la in another state. And after moving they come back to the same forums and keep complaining.

The AI pictures are funny.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I've pretty much given up reading the comments. Everything gets turned into the same stupid arguments no matter what the topic.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I get the gist, but why are all the men allowed to have gray hair, glasses and look like they might be in their fifties while all the women are no more than thirty and hot?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
I get the gist, but why are all the men allowed to have gray hair, glasses and look like they might be in their fifties seventies while all the women are no more than thirty and hot?

because that’s the way it should be…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
America is a lot whiter than I thought.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Anyone else think the guy from Arizona looks like Billy Bob Thornton?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Stopped at Florida.
Did not want to see any more of those unhappy people.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
That’s a very happy woman in Hawaii.

My page stopped loading, so I stopped there.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
The Indiana couple look ecstatically happy -- they are practically glowing. Not sure why given they live in Mike Pence's motherland.

The New Jersey and Texas women need more makeup and bigger hair. Clearly the AI has never watched Real Housewives or Jersey Shore LOL.

The North Carolina people are wearing winter coats - not sure why that would be. Seems to be a weird choice of state for a puffy coat.

I have a friend who relocated here from Vermont and the Vermont guy could be a literal portrait of him. It's downright freaky actually.

Posts: 4404 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I am interested in possibly relocating, so I decided to look at the women as if looking for a potential new friend--which of these women would I like to know?

Colorado, and the New England states--especially Maine and NH-- are the ones that looked like people I'd like to spend time with.

Montana threw me a bit. I don't know anyone here who looks like those people. The Indians do not look like that, nor do the women.

So I guess it's not a good barometer.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
The Ohio guy is some 30 years younger than most of the folks I see around here. I thought that was because the local population skews older but I looked it up and that’s not the case.

Turns out that since I retired I run my errands mid day with the rest of the retired folks and frequent the same places. Blink