well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Happy birthday, Mik!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy birthday, Mik!
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
And also congratulations on the retirement.

Here's to many happy years ahead!

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIK!!!

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Steaks and red wine, I trust, or something similarly tasty.

Posts: 12546 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

MFR and The Princess welcomed me home after 15 days with Chicken Casserole and Raspberry Ricotta cake. The casserole has been a favorite for decades, one of my MIL’s recipes. Just warmed some up for brunch.

Tonight I may smoke some ribs. Depends if I wake up enough - the wine flowed maybe a tad too freely last night.

Red wine? Oh yeah. Picked up four cases of a deep sale Rhone on the way home through Illinois. 2017 Delas Ventoux. Excellent juice, $6 a bottle. Better than a lot of $25 bottles.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
By the way, Chicagoans - you should go to your local Binny’s and pick some up. It is a killer deal.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
By the way, Chicagoans - you should go to your local Binny’s and pick some up. It is a killer deal.

Thanks for the heads up. I checked online and it looks like it's stocked at all the stores, including the one in my fair town.

Someone gave us a Binny's gift card a couple of weeks ago. I figure I'll buy a bottle for Mr WTG to try and then go back to get more if he likes it.

I also have to buy him a bottle of some kind of pastis. He's recovering from hip replacement surgery and he loves anise-flavored stuff. It'll be a surprise treat for him. Yes

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday - tell us about that wine....

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I will let the reviwers do that.

https://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1405562

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Mik!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18571 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the suggested retail of $11, it's a screaming bargain.

So at $6 it must be positively orgasmic...

Leaving

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I like it. A lot. But I love Rhones. Perfect go with everything food wine.

Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I like it. A lot. But I love Rhones. Perfect go with everything food wine.

Yeah, depending on your taste, but I try to stick to reds because of the resveretrol. I've bought the notion that reds are health food! What color ARE Rhones, when it comes to it? Googling it looks like they're white AND red. True?

(PS. Happy B-Day too!)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post