well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Now there are 10 cases in Westchester county
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Now there are 10 cases in Westchester county
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
From the NYT: In Westchester, about 1,000 people have self-quarantined, officials said.

This is all related to the lawyer guy in New Rochelle.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
That's amazing. Eeker

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
From the NYT: In Westchester, about 1,000 people have self-quarantined, officials said.

Good.

I wonder if they kiss their spouses who then go out...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
8 more cases in Westchester.

We have 18, nyc has 3.

There are 215 cases in the US. Almost 9% of them are in my county.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I posted an interview with an ER doc in another thread.
Here's what he said a few days ago:

quote:
“We’ve seen one case in New York, [but] I’ll bet there are hundreds,” he added. “I’ll bet there are thousands in the United States. The longer we wait to get testing up and running, the worse this is going to be.”

McCarthy said he is concerned about coronavirus not only in a professional capacity — but as he walks the streets of the Big Apple.

“I live in Westchester,” the doctor said. “When I’m walking around Westchester, I’m not really worried about coronavirus. But when I get on the 6 train, when I’m walking around Times Square, the emergency room caring for patients, I’m very worried.”

Even experts can't always predict which way things will go.

Keep safe, jon.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
What precautions ar you taking locally, jon, beyond just not going into NYC?

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
2700+ people are self-quarantining in Westchester.

Wow.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
19 now in Westchester. Both NYC and LA have fewer cases.

Go figure.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Wow, 27 cases now in my little suburban county.

More than anywhere in the US except Seattle.

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Sad

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
STATE OF EMERGENCY .NY

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Following up on LL's post...

quote:
Gov. Cuomo declared a state of emergency Saturday to deal with the worsening coronavirus crisis, as the number of cases jumped to 11 in the Big Apple — including one in Queens — and 76 across New York.

Saturday’s numbers more than doubled the cases in the city, which stood at five on Friday, the governor said at a noon press conference. There were 21 new cases outside the city, from 44 the day before, he said.

“We are testing aggressively, said Cuomo. “The more positives you find, the better.”

Identifying people who have the virus is good, because they can be isolated and they won’t continue to infect people, the governor said.

He couldn’t say how many tests are being conducted, but said thousands have results still outstanding.

quote:
There are four cases in Nassau County, and two in upstate Saratoga County. One woman in Saratoga county had been in contact with a person from Pennsylvania who has tested positive at a conference in Miami, Cuomo said.

There are now 57 cases in Westchester County and two in Rockland County that can be traced to a cluster tied to attorney Lawrence Garbuz, 50, believed to be connected to the majority of the state’s cases so far, officials have said.

“Westchester is an obvious problem for us,” the governor said. “They talk about the contagion in clusters and the clusters tend to infect more and more people.”

https://nypost.com/2020/03/07/...us-cases-soar-to-76/

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh wow. Well, good that they've declared a state of emergency.

I just spent an hour or so on the phone with my mother, convincing her not to go to an organ recital today, to stay home from a workshop tomorrow morning and to not go to see a musical she had tickets for tomorrow evening. She finally agreed to stay home.

She also called me a wet blanket. I'm ok with that.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post