well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Don, Zelda, and Brutus
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don, Zelda, and Brutus
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted
Learned two days ago that Don was to start Keytruda again. Something about the virus has delayed that. He is in Colorado.
Zelda, the terrier I call Don's daughter is dying slowly. She meets all the conditions in a list of 10 indicators.
Don is in pain. Taking care of her gives him a distraction. He texted me that he was watching her sleep while he cried.
Yesterday, walking Brutus in Arizona, I notices he was making frequent, long stops to urinate. I checked. He was leaving no fluid.
Got him to a vet. He has bladder stones and requires surgery. Medication now enables him to urinate for the time being.
I lost a great dog to bladder stone surgery in 2996. The anesthesia destroyed his liver.
I am trying to get him into a vet hospital for the surgery.

Calling Don to tell him that his other "child" is in danger will be very hard to do.
I tried to justify not telling him. Believe I must tell him when I get surgery scheduled.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry, Chas.

Comfort

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Oh man.

I'm sorry. Frowner

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34945 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
That's awful. Awful at any time, particularly awful right now. I'm so sorry.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sometimes when it rains, it pours.

Hugs.

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry. That stinks all the way around.

*hugs*

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m so sorry, Chas.

Comfort

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
What is supposedly the #1 place in Tucson for animal surgery was like being in a Thomas Pynchon novel about a dystopian world.
A madhouse overstressed staff coming to the parking lot with questions and forms and to take dogs in.They could not receive the emails of the Xrays from my vet. My vet’s said that has happened before with them. Their phone system went down.
We drove to the vet's place, picked up a disk with the Xrays and delivered it.
Three and half hours after we arrived they came to the car and took the dog.
At four and a half hours I told them to give me my dog back.
Loaded the dog and left.

The dog is currently at the vet's where a surgeon has come in to do surgeries. The surgeon called me and calmed my anesthesia concerns.
The drugs and protocols used have changed. I like the man.
The surgeon's use of language was unusual. He pronounced English words much like a native of the USA, but his phrasing was Spanish.
The dog is probably in surgery by now.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
What a nightmare, Chas. I wish you two and the dogs did not have to go through this.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
How awful, Chas.

Having gone through bladder stone surgery with two different Mastiffs, I know what you are going through.

Have a bucket ready to slip under him every time he stands up during his recuperation. They have no bladder control for a while.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.

pique, will look for a Min. Schnauzer size bucket.
He is larger than most of his breed.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The dog is out of surgery and doing well.
Now I know why the vet did not sound very Mexican.
"Dr. Tarassov graduated with honors from Ural State Institute of Veterinary Medicine in Russia in 1999."
His name never sounded like any Mexican name, but it was not clear.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear the surgery went well!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
When does he come home?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37897 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Hugs

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post