well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you know about the tollroad around Louisville KY?

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you know about the tollroad around Louisville KY?
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
We will be driving from Kentucky into Indiana getting onto I-65 N. This is the route that Google Maps suggests, it goes through Louisville KY, and apparently there's a toll either on the KY side or the IN, maybe on or before the Abraham Lincoln Bridge (?)

Anyway, does anyone have any familiarity with this area? I googled and it looks like this is a fairly new toll (new bridge?) Maybe they'll bill us based on the license plate, so that part is ok.

But anything we should be careful about?

Also, anything to watch for when driving around Indianapolis?

Or maybe a better question would be, how much do you trust routes suggested by Google Maps? suave

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18610 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I think we took that bridge on a trip before the pandemic...

We have a toll transponder from Illlinois - the I-pass. It seems like all of the transponders work in different states now, but that would be something to check before traveling. In Illinois, they are free at the grocery stores, but you have to pre-load a certain amount. Then it is up to the user whether they want to have them linked to a card to auto reload.

I use G-maps all the time for trips and tuning. Mostly good, but every so often there are bad choices made taking smaller roads that promise to save a few minutes, but it is easier taking the bigger roads.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7565 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
They do pay by plate.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13584 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Frequenter
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
I drove from Massachusetts to Southern California last July using Waze (similar to Google Maps) and had no troubles route-wise. The Oklahoma Turnpike is a toll road that does not recognize EZ Pass (the transponder that works everywhere I've been in the eastern US). Oklahoma eventually caught up with us and were very polite about collecting the toll.

Posts: 335 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
They do pay by plate.

Yep! We drove through there this morning. I love that there were no tollbooths!

Ok, I think that’s enough driving riding for me for a while. suave

Posts: 18610 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
P.S. thanks everyone! Smiler