well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fox viewers paid to watch CNN - the results...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fox viewers paid to watch CNN - the results...
 Login/Join

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Now if the researchers would also do the reverse and pay CNN viewers to watch Fox News …

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12688 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
When people start talking socio-political carp I tell them to quit watching Fox. They stare at me. I leave.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I thought of that too Ax, it would be interesting to see and my guess would be that just like the Fox viewers they would begin to reflect the views of their news sources.

It would also be interesting to have a follow up with the original group. Been over a year since the experience with CNN, do they still show the changes noted, or have they moved back to their baseline? Did the part of group that watched CNN but didn’t change remain where they were or drift left? And so on with all of the participants.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
I thought of that too Ax, it would be interesting to see and my guess would be that just like the Fox viewers they would begin to reflect the views of their news sources.

It would also be interesting to have a follow up with the original group. Been over a year since the experience with CNN, do they still show the changes noted, or have they moved back to their baseline? Did the part of group that watched CNN but didn’t change remain where they were or drift left? And so on with all of the participants.

That would be interesting. IMO, due to there characters or lack thereof, they would revert.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I can't generalize too broadly based on my experience, but I watch FOX news on the gym stairstepper as a discipline (broadening my exposure).

My observation is that there are huge differences between the broadcasters. Some are quite sane, and then there are others (especially Tucker Carlson) who is Trump Plus.

I can hardly stand to listen to him, as he sounds like a Putin mouthpiece voicing the Russian apologia. Anti-Ukraine and then some.
Don't know who he's talking to and why.

(But to return to my original point - the wide range of POVs on FOX. Much more so than on CNN.)

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
To stress the point I slipped into making at the end.

I DO think FOX news is more variegated in opinion and news expression than CNN (and what about other supposedly liberal mouthpieces)?

I worry about the (real) echo chamber effect, and this gives me pause for thought - especially if the results of the change were at all lasting.
Consider fellow lefties, are we being more slanted by our news sources than many on the other side? (I also listen to the RW radio sometimes, when I don't like the music on PR. Now that's a bit more extreme.)

I wonder if someone will pay me to do the FOX news watching I already do at the gym? Heh!

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I would watch Fox News if you paid me enough, but it won’t be cheap.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
I would watch Fox News if you paid me enough, but it won’t be cheap.

Steve, you never worry that you are a victim of the "echo chamber effect" and thus part of the problem of dangerous polarization in this country?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Nope.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34917 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Even if you do get some varied views on Fox sometimes, there has to be a reason why their top middle-of-the-road journalists have been leaving the network lately.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post