well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Cracker Barrel
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cracker Barrel
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I've eaten at two or three, I don't really remember much either way. It was probably fine for what it is.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
We will stop there if we're on the road as they have a variety of food. I'm partial to their breakfasts but there dinners are OK. I'm a bit of a bottom feeder when I'm on the road.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
I'm a bit of a bottom feeder when I'm on the road.

TMI...

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I like eating out for breakfast (I had a favorite spot in San Francisco that I look back at longingly), but my lovely spouse (as she said) does not prefer to do so, so we don't do it much, usually only if we have visitors in town. And, in the COVID world, we haven't been to a restaurant at all.

As far as Cracker Barrel goes, I like it well enough. For breakfast, it's at least as good as the other chains that I might go to (Denny's, IHOP, etc.). But, I don't think we've ever been to the local one for breakfast. Only when we're traveling.

Posts: 45741 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I thought breakfast might be the way to go but it wasn’t much either. Their sausage is awful and the bread is too sweet. I’m not much for waffles or pancakes as they mess with my blood sugar.

I’m thinking eggs, greens, and pinto beans.

Don’t even try the chicken and dumplings. My mother would roll in her grave.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I like Cracker Barrel’s chicken liver, the rainbow trout, the walnut kale thingie as a side. Breaded catfish also OK. Less enthusiastic about everything else. Before the pandemic, I found their $7.99 dinner special to be a very good value with excellent balance across food groups. No idea what they have on the menu now, haven’t visited one since the first COVID-19 induced lockdown. Shrug

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12689 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post