well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A Brooklyn Landlord Won't Rent Units in His "Jewish Building" to Black Tenants
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Brooklyn Landlord Won't Rent Units in His "Jewish Building" to Black Tenants
 Login/Join

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Jeez, must be the heat. I didn't mean to start a big argument here. I was just pointing out that, by definition, a white supremacist wouldn't care if they weren't given access to a Jewish apartment building. I apologize if it came off as short or dismissive.

Mik, you seem to be very defensive about Trump.

Posts: 35388 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Ok.

Thank you for the clarification, Amanda.

Posts: 24841 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
For whatever it's worth, Mik is not usually defensive about Trump, at all. More than once, he has lamented the fact that a "reasonable" Republican like Kasich has no shot.

Posts: 45778 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Let's blame it on the heat, then. Smiler

No harm, no foul.

Posts: 35388 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
For whatever it's worth, Mik is not usually defensive about Trump, at all. More than once, he has lamented the fact that a "reasonable" Republican like Kasich has no shot.
Weld 2020. I liked him better than Johnson in 2016. What I object to is seeing white supremacists behind every tree, and branding every white person as one. I knew them. I knew Klansmen. I knew people who joined the Klan and quit because they were just too hateful. Real white supremacists are few and far between. Continuing to harp on them strengthens them. It creates that which progressives decry.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13587 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
I knew people who joined the Klan and quit because they were just too hateful.

That seems odd. I thought that pretty much everyone knows, at least generally, the Klan's history. Perhaps they were expecting just a lower level of hate? Maybe Klan Lite?

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member SIPC
Minor Deity
Picture of markb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Weld 2020.

Is he running?

Posts: 14230 | Location: Merry Land | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
Weld 2020. I liked him better than Johnson in 2016. What I object to is seeing white supremacists behind every tree, and branding every white person as one. I knew them. I knew Klansmen. I knew people who joined the Klan and quit because they were just too hateful. Real white supremacists are few and far between. Continuing to harp on them strengthens them. It creates that which progressives decry.

So I have to ask: How do you respond to the characterization that the people trying to cross the border are rapists and members of MS-13? Isn't it the same kind of hyperbole?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38017 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markb:
quote:
I knew people who joined the Klan and quit because they were just too hateful.

That seems odd. I thought that pretty much everyone knows, at least generally, the Klan's history. Perhaps they were expecting just a lower level of hate? Maybe Klan Lite?

Agreed. Or perhaps they were hating on the "wrong" people. What an odd statement.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I suppose you would have to ask them. That's the reason I was given by someone I knew all my life and was very close to.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13587 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post