well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Chef Jose Andres

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chef Jose Andres
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Longish interview on This Week.

https://abcnews.go.com/ThisWee...en-founder-108961563

Transcript:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...s/story?id=108949216

--------------------------------
When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well, the convoy had 'permission,' and had a security team with it in constant contact with the IDF.

Still, Israel used AI to target the vehicles in succession, murdering everyone in the convoy by dropping bombs through the roof of each vehicle.

When in hell are some people going to wake the **** up and realize that Israel has been targeting Palestinian civilians of all ages, aid workers, and journalists deliberately and forcing starvation on a group of people trapped in an open air prison in its genocide?

Posts: 25184 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
What stands out for me about Chef Jose is his dedication and his compassion for people in trouble around the world. And his calm despite everything he and WCK have gone through.

The guy is just amazing.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Indeed.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I try no to respond because it mostly serves no useful purpose, but this is the full context of that eyeroll:

quote:
The IDF said the strikes were “a grave mistake stemming from a serious failure due to mistaken identification, errors in decision-making, and an attack contrary to the Standard Operating Procedures.”

In response, the Chief of the General Staff dismissed two officers: The brigade fire support commander (an officer with the rank of major), and the brigade chief of staff (an officer with the rank of colonel in reserve).

The IDF also reprimanded others: the brigade commander and 162nd Division commander.

The Chief of Staff also formally reprimanded the commander of the Southern Command for his overall responsibility in the incident.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I try no to respond because it mostly serves no useful purpose, but this is the full context of that eyeroll:

quote:
The IDF said the strikes were “a grave mistake stemming from a serious failure due to mistaken identification, errors in decision-making, and an attack contrary to the Standard Operating Procedures.”

In response, the Chief of the General Staff dismissed two officers: The brigade fire support commander (an officer with the rank of major), and the brigade chief of staff (an officer with the rank of colonel in reserve).

The IDF also reprimanded others: the brigade commander and 162nd Division commander.

The Chief of Staff also formally reprimanded the commander of the Southern Command for his overall responsibility in the incident.

Credulity.

Quelle surprise.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I had hoped that the video of Chef Jose would be an inspiration that there are good people who will risk their lives to help others, despite the danger involved. A ray of hope for humanity.

Sadly, that bit has been lost in the discussion... Frowner

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
There are many inspirational examples of aid workers, journalists, doctors, and medical staff working in Gaza, risking their lives, and losing their lives.

I've done enough research that I could find the number of deaths of aid workers and journalists who have lost their lives without much trouble.

I, myself, am not willing to ignore the reason why these people are in Gaza.

They are there because Israel is committing genocide.

wtg, you might not know the full history of WFK. You might not want to know it. You might not believe me if I told you. I could provide you proof of my statements. You would be free to ignore what I provided you.

I'm not accusing you, personally. I'm saying that many people refuse to do other than believe what Israel tells us.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
BTW, wtg, thank you for introducing "naked links" and multiple successive posts by individuals as an original posting style at WTF.

I admit that this style was an acquired taste (sic) for me but I can readily see its value now.

Thank you, again.