well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    HOAs vs. Corporate Landlords

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HOAs vs. Corporate Landlords
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted
https://www.washingtonpost.com...tal-homes-landlords/

Story on HOAs "fighting back" against corporate investor landlords

I suppose this is one of the few occasions regular folks may root for the HOAs.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12696 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I saw that piece and thought that HOAs should have more power to shape their neighborhoods. Then I thought about how awful most HOAs are and was left with bupkis.

It’s a problem.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34979 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Good for the HOAs. As onerous as they can be, they are better than absentee corporate landlords.

Similar things happened to Detroit in the 60's and 70's and it destroyed much of a city.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Stories abound about how these real estate companies make more money suing their tenants than they do from rent. Just ask Jared.

Fractional ownership is becoming a big thing, too. A company called Picasa buys a nice house, then sells 1/16 shares of it to 16 different people to use as a vacation home.

So, what is the legality of stipulating in a sale listing that corporate buyers are not welcome?

In other news, I had gotten over 20 letters from one local builder wanting to buy my house. The letters ranged from grovelly to downright insulting. I finally called the guy and told him I would never sell my house to him and he's clearly too stoopid to realize that getting no response after over 20 letters, he should stop sending them. That was about six months ago, and I haven't gotten another letter from them. Others... still a couple a week.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post