well-temperedforum.groupee.net
As tax time approaches, a public service announcement

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/8191022366

06 April 2019, 04:00 PM
jon-nyc
As tax time approaches, a public service announcement
I just saw this paragraph in the estimated tax form instructions and thought I'd pass it along.

quote:
No checks of $100 million or more accepted. The IRS can’t accept a single check (including a cashier’s check) for amounts of $100,000,000 ($100 million) or more. If you are sending $100 million or more by check, you will need to spread the payment over 2 or more checks with each check made out for an amount less than $100 million. This limit doesn’t apply to other methods of payment (such as electronic payments). Please consider a method of payment other than check if the amount of the payment is over $100 million.

Notice they even suggest a workaround - multiple checks.   I'm sure you'll find this very helpful.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

06 April 2019, 04:02 PM
QuirtEvans
Well, Doug will.
06 April 2019, 04:47 PM
Axtremus
But you can put multiple checks into one envelope, right?
Otherwise you have to pay for an extra first class stamp and that’s just unfair.

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

06 April 2019, 05:21 PM
Doug
The question is, what do they apply the same rule to my refund check? If so, as Ax says, I hope they put it in one envelope so I don’t have to make two trips to the bank.