well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My Hollywood debut.

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My Hollywood debut.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
Blink and you’ll miss me! Big Grin

1923 Trailer

The big log house near the end of the trailer is just a shell - it’s been put up on property west of town. I’m in the “You’re no God, Jacob Dutton” scenes too - but walking somewhere off camera to the left of the action, not sure if you’ll be able to see me in those scenes. I’m in episode 1 (that’s the Temperance Woman black outfit standing in front of the “soda shop” (which is really a bar), and I did two days of shooting street scenes in a peach colored dress and tan hat - probably episode 2. then just a couple of weeks ago we shot uptown in the snow (and super cold) - in warmer clothes (but not warm enough!) - that’s episode 8 (I think). I remember hearing that they flew part of the crew to Africa - crazy amount of money they must be able to spend for this stuff!

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20469 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Look at you, protest lady! So exciting!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9806 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I haven't yet watched the original Yellowstone. I suppose I should!

Posts: 12567 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Cool!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18602 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
I haven't yet watched the original Yellowstone. I suppose I should!

I haven’t watched any of it. The original one is present day and very violent. Like a Western soap opera (not sure I’ll like it). I’ve been told that everyone they (the family) don’t get along with gets “taken to the train station” (killed and dumped over a cliff). The first prequel is called 1883. This (1923) is the second prequel (so all relatives of the current day Duttons). 1883 was shot in Texas. Yellowstone is being shot in Missoula and Darby (south of Missoula) There are several other spin-offs, I guess Yellowstone is super popular. 1923 has signed on to make a second season - so they will be renting out the civic center in town and filming in and around Butte again next year.

Smiler Jodi

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I watched about 3 episodes of Yellowstone and then quit. Too violent. Nasty unlikeable characters, and the landscapes did not match where they said they were, which I found highly annoying (the Indian reservation was obviously filmed east of the divide, but they kept acting as if it was near the home ranch in the Bitterroot--which is impossible.)

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21362 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Well, 1923 is supposed to be Bozeman, but it's filmed in Butte!

Smiler Jodi

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
That could be annoying too!

hysteric

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21362 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
When do we get to seen you close-ups and screen tests? I want to see those.

Watched Yellowstone until this year. Had enough.
Will try 1883 and 1923 maybe.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25727 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it was fun! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34988 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post