well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    South Carolina
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

South Carolina
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Joe Biden scored a convincing victory in South Carolina’s Democratic primary on Saturday, riding a wave of African American support and ending progressive rival Bernie Sanders' winning streak.

quote:
Even before news of Biden's win was declared, Bloomberg announced his own plan to deliver a three-minute prime-time address Sunday night on two television networks. He didn't say how much he paid for the air time, which is unprecedented in recent decades.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...momentum/ar-BB10xQyt

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
So Operation Chaos didn’t have the intended result I guess?

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I am pleased to see this.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I might have to change my desired vote on TUes...just listened to some realistic predictions. And not interested in B S. spreading votes out to so many might not be good.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
I might have to change my desired vote on TUes...just listened to some realistic predictions. And not interested in B S. spreading votes out to so many might not be good.

It's been suggested that I "vote for who you like" in the primary, and in the general "vote for whoever is left".

Sounds like good advice to me.

Posts: 34927 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Appears decisive:

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

quote:
Even before news of Biden's win was declared, Bloomberg announced his own plan to deliver a three-minute prime-time address Sunday night on two television networks. He didn't say how much he paid for the air time, which is unprecedented in recent decades.

Please tell me he came to the same conclusion I did earlier this week...

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:

quote:

That he needs to spend more money?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
That he needs to drop out and endorse Biden.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
That he needs to drop out and endorse Biden.

And spend even more money! ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Steyer is out.

Biden was totally on fire when he spoke to his supporters.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37881 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Fun fact: Biden now leads Sanders in the combined popular vote among all the states that have held contests.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Many black voters associate Biden with Obama. This is why he beat Sanders in South Carolina, IMO.

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

Apparently not...

It'll air on CBS and NBC around 8:30 tonight but the video is already out there.

https://youtu.be/WXFmZqg8R6g

Bazootiehead-in-training