well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Teenager pro tips

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teenager pro tips
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Omg,the empty box thing. Not just for teenagers. I tossed 5 boxes of crumb filled Wheaties when I visited my 27 year old son this summer. Mr. jodi isn’t much better.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I still save and refrigerate 2 tablespoons of leftover food from dinner. Even though it would make more sense to just eat it (“You’re overeating!”) or throw it out (“You’re wasting good food!”)

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
All good except the toilet paper advice. You only have to leave *one* square of TP, not two.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but I am not a teenager.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Every single one is right on the money, but particularly the empty box one. Mr. Nina does that as well--it still drives me bananas. Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
How about ...

Try on an article of clothing in the morning, decide you don't feel like wearing it, and throw it in the laundry because it touched your skin.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
How about ...

Try on an article of clothing in the morning, decide you don't feel like wearing it, and throw it in the laundry because it touched your skin.
As long as they do their own laundry, at most you’re out a bit more on water, electricity, and wear and tear on the washer and dryer.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12692 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about ...

Perhaps that’s the difference: You raised girls, and I raised boys.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Axtremus:
quote:
How about ...

As long as they do their own laundry, at most you’re out a bit more on water, electricity, and wear and tear on the washer and dryer.

That was actually the point when I informed them that they had to start doing their own laundry.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
How about ...

This, too. Corollary: buying something, deciding you don't want it, but stuffing it in the back of a drawer because returning it is "too embarrassing"

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I will never forget an interaction with a Mom at the drive in movies...She had very young kids AND teen boys...

Her advice to me as to the teens.."NEVER let them take their shoes off in the car." HairRaising

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post