well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What do you think of this house?
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you think of this house?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted
Hope you like it - we bought it. Cool

Big house, sleeps 20. (Eeker) Already on VRBO; we'll also put it on AirBnb. It's a turnkey deal - fully furnished, dishes, appliances, linens, decorations, everything.

Might be the first house we have ever bought that doesn't appear to need any work at all!

1135 By the Shores Drive

--------------------------------
Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I like it.
Don't want anything that large for Bob and me.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

(But what are you going to do for projects, as this one doesn't need any work??? - Big Grin )

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37941 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Count the money, most likely. That house has so much room for large family gatherings.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! And wow, housing sure is cheap in Ohio. That kind of money only buys you a dump in MT now.

May it turn a nice profit for you, Steve!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Wow! Really nice!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Very nice!

(But what are you going to do for projects, as this one doesn't need any work??? - Big Grin )

I’m sure I’ll find something… Smiler

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Beautiful! And wow, housing sure is cheap in Ohio. That kind of money only buys you a dump in MT now.

May it turn a nice profit for you, Steve!

If the accounting I got is to be believed, the place should pay for itself in some 6 years. I find that remarkable, but not so impossible. You’ll never find an apartment building that will do that, never mind a house.

I wish I’d known about AirBnB 10 years ago.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
i don't think airbnb was much of a thing yet ten years ago. it's the pandemic that made it take off like it has.

i do see a number of airbnb properties on the market here that are getting turned back into regular leased rentals. i thought about turning my missoula house into an airbnb, but it really is a whole different ballgame than being a landlord. you're actually in the hospitality business, the hotel business, and i imagine it's a lot more labor-intensive.

also imagine that seeing airbnbs reverting to regular rentals may be a sign that what looked like easy money isn't everyone's cup of tea. I have a friend who rents out an apartment in her house as an airbnb in summer, and a regular rental in winter. the maintenance involved in summer is pretty hard on her--she doesn't have help.

are you using a service to clean and maintain the property?

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
That looks great; it’s the kind of house we rented when the whole family went to celebrate mom-in-law’s 90th recently. But yours is nicer!

Do you have to pass through some of those bedrooms to get to the other bedrooms?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pique:

Are you using a service to clean and maintain the property?

Yes, and they also handle bookings, taxes and such. We did it ourselves for a few months and it a lot of work, especially the laundry. I still do most maintenance and repairs but they have people for that as well.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

Do you have to pass through some of those bedrooms to get to the other bedrooms?

Yes, two bedrooms are like that. It’s not ideal.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:

Yes, two bedrooms are like that. It’s not ideal.

But can certainly work for family gatherings. Easy to imagine kids or young adults sharing linked rooms like that.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a turnkey deal - fully furnished, dishes, appliances, linens, decorations, everything.

Yes, that's what happened when we bought our Santa Fe home in 2018. We had never heard the term before. The house was nicely "staged," or so I thought. I asked our agent about that and she said, "oh no, this is the house's furnishings. It was completely designed for the prior owners ..."

Then she whipped out a price list for the furniture, which was ridiculously low. We had to separate the house from the furnishings as two separate purchases, but it was all one bottom line negotiation.

We had the house on the rental market two months later. We don't AIRbnb, however. Not allowed by the neighborhood HOA.

Agree with piqué on Ohio pricing. Really inexpensive.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Nice place! Congrats.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post