well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Vaccine Date Booked
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vaccine Date Booked
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Just saw this Steve, sooo glad Sharon was able to sign up!

(Now Mr. SK please!!! I think it's gonna be a while for him... :/

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18530 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We both got our second dose of Pfizer today.

Onward and upward!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Good for you wtg!!

Posts: 18530 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Onward and upward!

Any after effects for you? Yet?

My second dose of Moderna is still three weeks in the interminable future.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:

Onward and upward!

Yahoo! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:

While waiting at the drug store for my MIL I heard the check in lady telling walk in (no appointment) customers to come back at 5:45 PM because they give their last shot at 6 PM and they usually have doses left over.

Might be worth a shot (if you will.) Smiler

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
quote:

Onward and upward!

Any after effects for you? Yet?

My second dose of Moderna is still three weeks in the interminable future.

I got slightly light-headed almost right away after the first shot; that lasted maybe 15 minutes. Otherwise I really didn't notice much except for a slightly sore arm for a day.

I told the nurse today about the lightheadedness after the first shot, but I didn't have a repeat.

I usually walk a couple of miles a day, but today I'm just thinking I'll skip the walk. Figure I'll save the energy for my immune system....It's been about four hours since the second shot and Mr wtg and I are both feeling a bit tired, but nothing dramatic. Yet. Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37942 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
So... I thought I had my first reserved online in the rush as doses became available at Walgreens... The site was slow and froze a few times as I had to start over a few times with different locations. But my final try said, "you already have an appointment", so I thought I might have gotten lucky. No such luck.

MrsTuner was getting her second shot, so I talked with the pharmacy assistant (who has been very helpful) and told me it is better to call Walgreens now - there is a prompt right away for vaccines - #1,#1,#2 follow the directions. Still means you have to call into every possible Walgreens, but she thinks it gives a better chance than going through the online portal.

Some Walgreens schedule every day, some every third day...

Good luck!

(I'd really just like to find the J&J and get it done... She told me they don't even know what they are giving until it arrives that day.)

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
ron, have you tried Cook County for the Des Plaines site? They're doing J&J.

My neighbor went there at 4:45 and lucked out; they had ten extra doses to give out. He is not tech savvy and couldn't figure out how to do an online appt, and phone calls to make an appt were useless.

One and done.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I might give that a try - I could register, but then there wasn't a way to sign up for a time through the Cook County site. Apparently they will contact me...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Oh, and if you are going to try calling Walgreens, 8am was the suggested time...

You have to already be a Walgreens member, so take care of that first - once you get deep into the menus they will ask for your birthdate and if the phone you are using is linked to the account to verify.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
I might give that a try - I could register, but then there wasn't a way to sign up for a time through the Cook County site. Apparently they will contact me...

Was looking up some info and it seems that Des Plaines is doing Pfizer now, so it would be two trips. They do make the appointment for the second shot at the time you receive the first one and you don't have to go through the online registration for the second one....

quote:
Approximately 20,000 first-dose coronavirus vaccination appointments opened Friday for five Cook County sites, health officials announced.

The appointments opened at noon for those eligible in Phases 1A and 1B, but proof of eligibility will be required, officials said.

Cook County Health said the following vaccination sites will receive doses of the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines:

Tinley Park Convention Center (Moderna)
Triton College (Pfizer)
South Suburban College (Pfizer)
North Riverside Health Center (Pfizer)
Des Plaines (Pfizer, the week of March 15)
All vaccinations are by appointment only, health officials noted, with proof of eligibility in Phases 1A or 1B. The appointments can be made online at vaccine.cookcountyil.gov or by calling (833) 308-1988.

Previously, the Des Plaines location was administering Johnson & Johnson vaccine doses, but the county said due to limited supply, the location will instead be provided with the Pfizer vaccine for the week of March 15.

Those who receive vaccines through the Cook County sites will book their second-dose appointments the same day as their first-dose appointments.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...ents-friday/2460419/

If I hear anything on the news about more appts opening up, I'll let you know. Looks like it usually happens some time on Friday.

Here's NBC's "how to make an appt guide":

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...ago-suburbs/2458611/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:

While waiting at the drug store for my MIL I heard the check in lady telling walk in (no appointment) customers to come back at 5:45 PM because they give their last shot at 6 PM and they usually have doses left over.

Might be worth a shot (if you will.) Smiler

I should try to find out about this. Although he is adamant not to get it until it's his turn.... (As I wrote to a FB friend, he's even more of a goody two shoes than I am!)

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I don't think of going to a pharmacy to ask if there are extra doses as cutting into the line. People don't show up for appointments and the provider is left with doses that will be discarded if they are not used.

If Mr SK has the time to burn to go to Walgreens (or wherever) at the end of the day to check, then I think he can get his shot guilt-free if they have one available.

IMHO.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yesterday's fatigue passed within a few hours.

Good night's sleep, slightly sore arm where the shot was administered.

ThumbsUp

Bazootiehead-in-training