well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Dogs are the best

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dogs are the best
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Brian Myers knew he was in trouble when he fell to the floor. He had no feeling on his left side and couldn’t stand up in the crawl space between his bed and the wall.

“It was really frightening — I couldn’t get up and I didn’t realize at that moment that I’d had a stroke,” he said. “My cellphone was on the dresser about 15 feet away, but there was no way I could get to it.”

Seconds later, Myers, 59, felt something wet and rough on his face. His dog’s tongue.

Sadie, the 100-pound German shepherd he had rescued in September from an animal shelter near his Teaneck, N.J., home, was standing above him with a look of concern on her face, he said.

“She kept licking me and crying, so I reached my right hand up to pet her, then I grabbed her collar,” recalled Myers, who had gone to bed just two hours before he fell on the evening of Jan. 16.

He was stunned by what happened next, he said.

Sadie backed up and began pulling Myers inch by inch out of the crawl space, and then wiggled toward his dresser.

“She was not trained as a service dog, but she was in distress over what was happening and she could tell that I was in trouble,” he said. “I don’t know how she did it, but she knew.”

Five minutes later, he was in front of his dresser and was able to reach up about three feet with his right arm and retrieve his cellphone to call for help, Myers said.

https://www.seattletimes.com/n...ith-saving-his-life/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post