well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Back in business!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back in business!!
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Looks like we’re back in business!! I wonder what the problem was…

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Should we move to the FB group? Free. Don't need an admin. We already have a group page. Easier to post photos and videos ... Just a thought

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21351 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I like that idea but a lot of people won't go on Facebook.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
We have a fb group page?

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Should we move to the FB group?

A lot of us don't use FB, and some of us want to be able to post under a screen name rather than our real names....

Posts: 18524 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
Should we move to the FB group?

A lot of us don't use FB, and some of us want to be able to post under a screen name rather than our real names....

The group can be made secret and private. Lurkers can't visit.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
We have a fb group page?

Yes. It's called WTF in Exile. I started it a while back when Matt was awol. I figured if this site ever went down we'd be able to find each other there. If you are on FB, search for it, ask to join, and I'll let you in.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Hmmm… I’ll go where everyone goes, but there are some benefits to the forum style (like the way threads are organized with titles etc…)

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
Hmmm… I’ll go where everyone goes, but there are some benefits to the forum style (like the way threads are organized with titles etc…)

Yes

Plus, with an open forum we always have the possibility of new people joining.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I do not use FB. Never will.

(Okay, I did for three weeks for a class I was taking but I used an alias and a picture of my cat from college days.)

Please let's stay right here.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I vote NO for FB.. I have been on a FB diet for sometime.

Like Amazon, I am pissed that FB has become the only way folks think they can reach out...

I have folks message me there about my welfare... WTF

Pretty simple to have 2 or more who have admin acess here so that if anyone can't be online to fix stuff, pay the bills, we have back up.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pretty simple to have 2 or more who have admin acess here so that if anyone can't be online to fix stuff, pay the bills, we have back up.

This. I think we especially need someone with admin access who is a regular poster/visitor here.

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
We have a fb group page?

Yes. It's called WTF in Exile. I started it a while back when Matt was awol. I figured if this site ever went down we'd be able to find each other there. If you are on FB, search for it, ask to join, and I'll let you in.

Oh right, I seem to remember that. I may already be a member. Leaving

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Quirt, pj and wtg are admins for off-key, which I'm pretty sure means they are admins for everything.

I could be wrong (about the admins for everything part).

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Quirt, pj and wtg are admins for off-key

Nope, just moderators, which means what they can do is pretty limited. Moderators can deal with posts and maybe ban people but can't do anything to keep the site up and accessible.

There’s only one admin, and that’s Matt. I’m grateful for all he does for this forum, but I think we need one, preferably two more actual admins just in case. Also, Matt is never here (I wish he were!) so I think someone who is a more regular visitor and poster should be an admin.