well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    GA opens investigation into Trump call

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GA opens investigation into Trump call
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
quote:
Georgia prosecutors launch criminal probe into Trump's efforts to overturn election results

The investigation will look into the phone call Trump made to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger in which Trump begged him to reverse Joe Biden's victory.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...rturn-biden-n1257272

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
In a December phone call with the chief investigator in Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger's office, former President Donald Trump insisted he won Georgia's presidential election, telling the investigator "the country is counting on" an audit that was launched to determine whether the signature verification process for mail ballots was done properly in the state's third largest county, according to a newly published audio recording obtained by The Wall Street Journal.

"This country is counting on it because it's very interesting. ... I won everything but Georgia, you know, and I won Georgia -- I know that -- by a lot, and the people know it, and you know, something happened there. I mean, something bad happened," Trump told the chief investigator, Frances Watson, according to the recording of the six-minute call.

MORE: Grand jury in Georgia expected to convene in probe of Trump's efforts to overturn election

The former president goes on to tell Watson, "When the right answer comes out, you'll be praised. ... People will say, great, because that's -- that's what it's about, that ability to check it, and to make it right because everyone knows it's wrong."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politic...or/story?id=76376706

Audio here:

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/loc...2AJG57PFM67YSUWBN3Q/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37994 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I listened to the phone call. Honestly, not awful. He’s expressing concern that the outcome was wrong and asking her to look into it. He’s crazy, of course, but I think the call itself is defensible.

Posts: 45768 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The content of the phone call isn't awful; the problem is the very fact that the call was made and who made it.

There are established ways for candidates to express their concern with the results of an election. Recounts, audits, and lawsuits immediately come to mind. I think it's totally inappropriate for the candidate, who happens to be POTUS, to directly call elected government officials to complain. There's too much of a power differential between the parties involved.

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I listened to the phone call. Honestly, not awful. He’s expressing concern that the outcome was wrong and asking her to look into it. He’s crazy, of course, but I think the call itself is defensible.

[IMG][/IMG]

Posts: 12570 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You know, I was trying to figure out a way to say that.

You did it perfectly.

ROTFLMAO

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
On a related note....anyone else wonder why people in GA decided to tape their conversations with DJT?

Skeptical

Bazootiehead-in-training