well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    New Year's unresolutions

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Year's unresolutions
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
Steve posted something a while back about it being OK to take things off your bucket list. Before doing them, I mean...so I've got one, maybe more, that I'm taking off my list...here's the first one...

I bought a ukulele during the early part of COVID and have done basically nothing with it. I'm going to find a home for it and the associated "learn to play uke" DVDs.

Edit: Found Steve’s post…you move it from your bucket list to your chuck-it list. Big Grin

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I resolve to be the same wonderful person I am now. You are all free to evaluate that as you will.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13555 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well, you get to a certain age and realize there are things you want to do or experience, yet the plain truth is you won't have time for many if not most of them.

I'd like to go to Italy; I'd like to listen to Mozart's entire catalog; I'd like to read more books than would be remotely possible.

I resolve to try, however impossible (minus going to Italy; I can take this off my bucket list).

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's the article that Steve referenced a few months ago. I think this is a gift link... Never mind, looks like it's not free..

https://www.washingtonpost.com...t-life-goals-let-go/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"chuck it list" I like that.
May modify it and use a rhyming word that is from the forum title instead.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Let's try this one and see if it's free...

https://www.sentinelsource.com...76-c22575516e51.html

To Chas' point...

quote:
How do you define happiness and success? Are you pursuing goals because they make you feel fulfilled, or do you feel pressure to finish what you started?

While bucket lists can be a fun way to track long-awaited experiences, it may be mentally healthier to drop some goals into a "chuck-it list", said University of Minnesota philosophy professor Valerie Tiberius.

Tiberius discovered chuck-it lists from her father, who playfully uses a more explicit turn-of-phrase. In his older stage of life, he's realized some bucket-list items won't get crossed off and feels relieved to let them go.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I want to downsize to a smaller piano...don't know if that will ever happen.

I don't think I will do any more extended bicycle tours. I need to master mounting and dismounting all over again. Roll Eyes

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13813 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Joe, I had an adult tricycle with a basket in the back for storage.

It was bought for $25 for us at a garage sale, vintage '70's.

I liked it a lot. It got $85 of bike shop work, but if you let your hands off the handlebars, it steered itself sharply to the left. That couldn't be fixed. They were asked to do everything needed, yet mysteriously replaced the rear tires and not the equally bad front tire.

It got to the point where you had to put air in all three tires after riding it only a mile.

A new one is on my list.

One might be easier and safer for you to ride.

IDK.

Posts: 24720 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post