well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Womensplaining
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Womensplaining
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
In the Mik-MFR household we have a system. You do it your way and I will do it my way. And we will both shut our yaps about it because it just isn’t that important.

If you do go outside the system and open your yap about it I retain the right to consciously ignore you. You have that right as well.

This works pretty well for us. It is remarkable what silence and tolerance can do on unimportant issues.

--------------------------------
"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
In the Mik-MFR household we have a system. You do it your way and I will do it my way. And we will both shut our yaps about it because it just isn’t that important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMpEtIU6F9k

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Our system is the dishes pile up until I do something about it. This system works well...for everybody else. . .

I would be very happy for someone else to load the dishwasher the wrong way. Or any way.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Ha! Gotta train them right from the beginning...no cleany the dishes; no food cooked for you...!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
At chez pj, we sometimes run the dishwasher like only every two weeks. The mix is always different... sometimes mostly plates, sometimes more soup bowls and coffee cups. So, I typically rearrange it to get the most dishes in before it gets run.

It's not something I get uptight about.

Now, if you put something in the dishwasher without thoroughly rinsing it off first, I will have a hissy because by the time the dishwasher gets run, mac 'n' cheese turns to concrete.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
At chez pj, we sometimes only run the dishwasher like only every two weeks. The mix is always different... sometimes mostly plates, sometimes more soup bowls and coffee cups. So, I typically rearrange it to get the most dishes in before it gets run.

Now, if you put something in the dishwasher without thoroughly rinsing it off first, I will have a hissy because by the time the dishwasher gets run, mac 'n' cheese turns to concrete.

I don’t use the dishwasher. I wash by hand. And, to deal with the concrete problem, I soak the dishes in a sink full of water.

Mary Anna seems ok with this preference, as long as I do the dishwashing. So that’s what I do.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
At chez pj, we sometimes only run the dishwasher like only every two weeks. The mix is always different... sometimes mostly plates, sometimes more soup bowls and coffee cups. So, I typically rearrange it to get the most dishes in before it gets run.

I don’t use the dishwasher. I wash by hand. And, to deal with the concrete problem, I soak the dishes in a sink full of water.

Mary Anna seems ok with this preference, as long as I do the dishwashing. So that’s what I do.
I did that for several years. Other members of the household think that since we have a dishwasher, we should use it. But I basically wash everything by hand before it goes in the dishwasher, so I don't really see the point.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post