well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Bernie Wanted Kamala

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bernie Wanted Kamala
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted
quote:
though Harris was not the most progressive woman under consideration to be Biden’s runningmate, she was Sanders’s preferred choice, a person familiar with his thinking said. He, like Biden, saw the California senator as the best boost for the ticket’s chances against Trump.

quote:
Sanders has been unswervingly supportive of Biden, keeping his fans focused on defeating President Donald Trump despite policy disagreements with the nominee.

“My friends, I say to you, and to everyone who supported other candidates in this primary and to those who may have voted for Donald Trump in the last election: The future of our democracy is at stake. The future of our economy is at stake. The future of our planet is at stake,” Sanders will say, according to excerpts released ahead of the speech.

quote:
Sanders’s team summed up his approach in a Monday fundraising email to his supporters with a simple refrain repeated thrice: “Donald Trump must be defeated.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...urn-as-party-unifier

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The future of our democracy is at stake. The future of our economy is at stake. The future of our planet is at stake

This. If that doesn't get people out to vote for Biden... well then I don't know.

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18523 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post