well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    My favorite pasta salad

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My favorite pasta salad
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted
Ok, the rest of you are much better cooks than I am, but since it's the age of corona, all bets are off (or, whatever cliche you prefer...)

So, when you're buying stuff that you can then make two or three weeks later, add this to the list:

SK's stupid-easy pasta salad.
1. Rotini (you could get the rainbow kind if you want but I never do, Barilla's is good and not spendy), one box unless you want to use two, then double up everything below.
2. Wishbone Italian salad dressing (or Wishbone Italian Robusto); get the big bottle, you're gonna need it. Yes, Wishbone. hey, I said it was stupid easy, didn't I?
2. a block of mozzarella cheese (get the good kind)
3. a can of black olives (small or medium; the olives, not the can)
4. frozen broccoli (because corona; in the absence of the virus, get fresh broccoli)
5. a pound (or 1.5lbs) of salami (it can be sliced, get the good kind, it keeps); I usually use hard salami but you could use whatever your favorite kind is; assume it will be sliced but keep it in its stack.
6. if you were making fresh, some mushrooms, but you're not making fresh, you're making this three weeks since your last trip to the store, so skip the mushrooms.

Cook the pasta on the al dente side (bc pasta salad), add salt to the water and all of that.

Cut the cheese into good size cubes.

Take the salami and cut it into similar sized cubes; IOW grab however many slices is like 3/4 to an inch tall and cut that into cubes. It mostly holds together, and even if it doesn't it will still be more than just a dinky slice. That way you have bite-sized chunks of cheese and bite-sized chunks of salami.

Steam the broccoli - wait you bought frozen right? Do whatever works so that it's not mushy. If you're lucky and working with fresh broccoli, steam it enough so it's not hard and isn't bitter.

Drain the olives.

Throw it all together, add the dressing. I mean, add an obscene amount of dressing. Eat at room temperature. The next day (or the next several days if you made two boxes) you can either set it out to let it come up to room temperature before eating or actually chuck it in the microwave briefly -- really briefly, although, you can't go wrong because even if the cheese melts it's super yummy. Whatever works, but remember it tastes better at room temperature.

Done.

What do you think, do I have a future as a recipe blogger?

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18548 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
You crack me up. As long as you don’t blog post a ton of close up pictures, and a lot of script 57 scrolls before you get to the recipe, you’re all set.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
As long as you don’t blog post a ton of close up pictures, and a lot of script 57 scrolls before you get to the recipe

Oh man, I hate that! VeryAngry

Recipes are not the only pages that do that. Our local newspaper websites are full of junk, it's a huge PITA to read.

P.S. about this pasta: it's really just an excuse to eat cheese, olives and salami. Yes

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18548 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post