well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Tell me about Ireland
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about Ireland
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Been three times over the years..I swear that the next time I will not leave..just call my kids to send my stuff..

My name is Kerri, my family is from Newry, Cork and Galway..just sayin'

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
We were there for ten days over a decade ago now. We stayed in Dublin and just did day trips from there. Newgrange was incredibly cool. The book of Kells itself was fine but seeing the library took my breath away. I would go back just for that. We took the commuter train to a sleepy little seaside town and spent the day wandering. It was lovely. Dublin is a beautiful city. I’d go back in a heartbeat.

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
This last time, 2 years or so ago, had me a bit put off..the Book of Kells was a huge tourist event where you had to wait in line...WTF? My first visit in another age was so different..just walk in.

This is the same for other sites...But much the same for all of Europe...Book online.

LOVE the LUAS in Dublin, the light rail..get a pass to jump on and off.

Central Dublin is growing,vibrant..and yet..I walked with no gps and still managed to find the same B&B I stayed in circa 1979...it was exactly the same. Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Such great information. It all sounds wonderful.

Thanks everyone!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Steve, Thanks for the travelogue. You have saved me at trip.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Steve, Thanks for the travelogue. You have saved me at trip.
Chas! DUDE!!!! You're missing the point! Razzer

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post