well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    OK, you can stop at laughing at me now
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, you can stop at laughing at me now
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
A thread where you post those embarrassing-but-funny incidents that have happened to you. Or quirky-but-endearing aspects of yourself.

So, I'll start...

Have you ever found yourself out shopping in a store and you suddenly wonder if you remembered to put your pants on before you left the house? This has happened to me several times in the last few months.

Fortunately, the answer so far has been "yes"...

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38004 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So I have a couple of red gooseberry bushes that I planted last year. This is the first year they are bearing fruit and I noticed a couple of branches broken off this morning. The danged squirrels are starting to go after the ripening fruit. VeryAngry

Here are the bushes, growing in pots:

Here is the crazy gardener's solution:

I know, I know...most expensive couple of pints of gooseberries ever.... It's a hobby, OK? Doesn't have to be cost-effective....Big Grin

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38004 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
A thread where you post those embarrassing-but-funny incidents that have happened to you. Or quirky-but-endearing aspects of yourself.

So, I'll start...

Have you ever found yourself out shopping in a store and you suddenly wonder if you remembered to put your pants on before you left the house? This has happened to me several times in the last few months.

Fortunately, the answer so far has been "yes"...

so, on your way to a gender reveal party?

I will try to come up with something, but I don’t think I’ve ever done anything even slightly embarrassing in my entire life.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
OK, not that long ago I showed up at a lunch date, and the lovely woman I was with pointed out that my shirt was possibly on inside out, what with the pocket being on the inside at all.

I tried to point out to her that she was possibly out of touch with the latest fashion trends with young people today, but I’m not sure if she was convinced….

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Good job, Doug. In such a situation your best play is to brazen it out.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13579 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
OK, not that long ago I showed up at a lunch date, and the lovely woman I was with pointed out that my shirt was possibly on inside out, what with the pocket being on the inside at all.

I tried to point out to her that she was possibly out of touch with the latest fashion trends with young people today, but I’m not sure if she was convinced….

Tell her it's Hawaiian style!

Posts: 12571 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's a hobby, OK? Doesn't have to be cost-effective....

I like how you think! :grin:

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18610 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

I know, I know...most expensive couple of pints of gooseberries ever.... It's a hobby, OK? Doesn't have to be cost-effective....Big Grin

Oh, I don’t know. Did you have to wear special shoes?

It’s not a proper hobby if it doesn’t require special shoes. Cool

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Did someone say special shoes? For a hobby??

Posts: 18610 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Those are proper hobby shoes right there! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35001 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

I'm guessing it was not a dress shirt. Buttoning it up inside-out would have been a serious stunt.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7427 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
So very glad Doug did not tell us about his most embarrassing moment. Oh, maybe he did not realize he should have been embarrassed. Never mind.

When I was a sophomore at university my room mate was a diving champion. I swam well enough that I was allowed to workout with the swim team.
When you entered the men's dressing room a man behind the counter would throw you a tanksuit to wear in the pool.
One day I was a little late. The man behind the counter said, "You don't need one today. Just get going so you can catch up. I threw my clothes into a locker and ran through the door to the pool. There were spectators in the stands. I slipped on the tile and went down on my butt. The crowd roared. I was up and back through the door into the dressing room. The man behind the counter was laughing so hard he knocked his crutches onto the floor.

Have the feeling that I have told the story on WTF before.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25734 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, this just popped up in my FB newsfeed. I don't think it can be embedded, which is just as well....

CW: vaguely NSFW.

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbc...1TnLtgGg&oe=647CA5B7

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
WTG, this just popped up in my FB newsfeed. I don't think it can be embedded, which is just as well....

CW: vaguely NSFW.

https://scontent-atl3-2.xx.fbc...1TnLtgGg&oe=647CA5B7

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
SK: Also vaguely NSFW He did remember his mask.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25734 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Big Grin