well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Almost 800,000 people in Michigan lost Medicaid coverage...

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Almost 800,000 people in Michigan lost Medicaid coverage...
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted
after the post pandemic "redetermination" process. This happened in many other states; I believe it happened in most states. It's not beyond the real of possibly that it happened in all states. In Florida, more than 50% of these denials we're not based on substance but on paperwork technicalities ie the wrong decision was made. This included children, adults, and the elderly. Of course Medicaid/ Medicare (some people are dual eligible although I don't understand how that works) is a jointly run federal/ state run program. The federal government bears ultimate responsibly in my opinion. This happened under a Democratic administration.This is ironic because it Truman who conceived of these programs and Johnson who implemented them. These programs are additions to the Social Security Act. They are not the only social safety net programs being torn apart.

I am reminded of an Eva Cassidy song, "Oh, Had I a Golden Thread."

https://youtu.be/DCF9ndtB89A?si=OWqNcfH-_a7JQ5rD

Posts: 25287 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Urg, I din't post the link I had for the OP. Well, my thread title summarizes it precisely so I'll leave it alone.

Here is another report, from CBS, reporting about Montana-- this is the first such report I've read but doubt it will be the last. My guess is that similar reports will now spring up like weeds in a garden.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/ne...%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Missouri

https://www.kcur.org/health/20...n-half-were-children

The Democrats help the presidency and both houses of Congress for two years, iirc. Trump hasn't been in office for four years.

I guess the Biden administration isn't responsible for any of this? Why?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
It's 1.5 million in Florida or thereabouts. At least I just read that.

So now there's a class action lawsuit the first of its kind in the nation.

A glimmer of hope.

All these people in the US after the pandemic of all ages were just left to die.

It would be very good if this injustice could be rectified.