well-temperedforum.groupee.net
Deodorant? Not for the younger generation

This topic can be found at:
https://well-temperedforum.groupee.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9130004433/m/7681014366

20 June 2019, 11:09 PM
Bernard
Deodorant? Not for the younger generation
Use of deodorant is down among the young. Forty percent of 18 to 25 yo's aren't using the stuff. Bless their hearts for being so true to nature, but I'm not sure I'd want to share my office space with them all day long. A little BO goes a long way. Eeker

I've never been an antiperspirant user; I think it unwise to overrule one's bodily functions. But deodorant is basically just a mask to please the olfactory and I'm fine with that. These days I use my own homemade or some other baking soda-based product. They do a good job.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/19/...eodorant-poll-finds/

* My favorite deodorant is from L'Occitane called "Eau des Baux". OMG the scent is heavenly. Swoon. It's $$ and doesn't last long enough, but the smell is worth it.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

20 June 2019, 11:35 PM
RealPlayer
I have been using a solid stone-like thing from the health food store, I think it was called Thai Stick (?) and it works, and lasts forever. Maybe if you had big perspiration problem, you might need something stronger.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

21 June 2019, 04:35 AM
Steve Miller
Heh. Next thing you know they’re all going to have ring around the collar.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

21 June 2019, 05:52 AM
jon-nyc
50+ year old women are looking sexier and sexier.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

21 June 2019, 05:59 AM
Mikhailoh
If you take a shower daily and don't greatly exert yourself its not really necessary. But one should be vigilant.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

21 June 2019, 10:34 PM
Amanda
I think consuming raw garlic (probably other bio-active foodstuffs too with a strong genetic interaction) are at least as potent as exercise in producing human pungency.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

22 June 2019, 12:09 AM
piqué
They do a lot of objectionable things: man buns, tongue piercings, tattoos, monstrous grizzly beards. So glad I am not of an age to date anyone that age. I'd have to become celibate.

Now get off my lawn.

fear is the thief of dreams

22 June 2019, 01:21 PM
Nina
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
If you take a shower daily and don't greatly exert yourself its not really necessary. But one should be vigilant.

Or live in a hot climate, where "exertion" may simply be walking from your car into the next air conditioned office.

Not a fan of BO.
22 June 2019, 01:26 PM
Mikhailoh
Well, that's exertion then, isn't it?

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

22 June 2019, 01:45 PM
Nina
Point taken. Big Grin