well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    A Good Article on the Current State of British Politics and Brexit

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Good Article on the Current State of British Politics and Brexit
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The parallels to the US gridlock are impressive. Some dudes in power, who gained power by saying they would represent "the people's will" are now refusing to do so because they would lose power.

On a personal level, my son is poised to go to Europe for 2 years to accompany his significant other, who will help set up a company branch there. However, their European corporate office is in Scotland, and it makes no financial sense to expand into Europe if they're not part of the EU. So they wait, but at some point soon the company will have to make a decision, no matter what. If brexit occurs or the decision is delayed again, then it's no go. I don't think their situation is unique. It's a supremely stupid move to brexit, IMO.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is. And it seems a majority of the British public now agrees.

I am astounded by the conservative view that, a vote's a vote, and we have to go over the waterfall no matter what. I seem to recall people being allowed to change their minds. How naive of me.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
"Flip-flopping" aka changing your mind has become a political liability instead of a mark of intelligence.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post