Pizza
 Login/Join

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
the best pizza i have ever had--a marghareta--was definitely in Italy. Unbelievable.

I’m sure that’s true.

But you may have to adjust the prices of cheap eats in N.Y. upward a bit from those historical ones.

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13889 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Here is
quote:
my vote for New Haven
Two places near each other: Rene’s and Pepe’s.

They had a white clam sauce pizza that was delicious, as were their more traditional servings.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17720 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Pique, I don’t remember a pizza place. I have been making pizza at home with a sourdough crust (I can make the dough up in the morning and put it in the oven proofer and it’s ready to go for dinner) I bake it on a heated stone in the oven, and it’s ruined me for most places that I used to like getting pizza from here in Butte. It’s truly all about the crust.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I think we took you there that time you stayed with us when Steve had an interview here. I can't even remember the name of the place. Sourdough pizza crust sounds pretty amazing!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21538 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
We had pizza delivered on the day we moved and then leftovers yesterday.

We really need to find a better pizza place!
-_-

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18859 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
I think we took you there that time you stayed with us when Steve had an interview here. I can't even remember the name of the place. Sourdough pizza crust sounds pretty amazing!

Holy cow that feels like 5 lifetimes ago!

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Here’s an interesting variation I tried on Father’s Day. “October Sky” — butternut squash, Gorgonzola, bechamel, rosemary, jalapeños, orange blossom honey. Unusual but actually good!

This was the same place that does the bing cherry pizza and the smoked mozzarella with Peruvian peppers.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13889 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Last night Sharon set out a build your own pizza bar. It’s a keeper!

The crusts were 6” naan bread rounds from Costco. TJ sells them too but at twice the price. They made a much better crust than other pre-made crusts I’ve had.

Then she set out the fixings for a chicken chimichurri situation, some red sauce, sausage, peppers, pepperoni, bits of ham, shredded cheeses, etc.

It was really fun! I can see organizing a party around it, particularly using the pizza oven thing I have for the grill.

What if we have guests bring their favorite pizza topping?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35083 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Last night Sharon set out a build your own pizza bar.

That sounds like fun, Steve! I’ve done pizza at home with dough bought from the Italian grocery, then baked on unglazed terra cotta tiles in our gas oven. Pretty good, but not a match for the local professionals.