well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Fence products

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fence products
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
We were watching a new show with Canadian contractor Mike Holmes on HGTV. They were putting in a fence and there were two great new (to me) products that I would use in a heartbeat if I were putting in a fence.

First....a foam product (instead of concrete) to set the posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJy-07W6bDI

The second product was the fence itself. It is a combination of metal posts and stringers, but with wood pickets. Sweet. And low/easy maintenance.

This is the vertical one that Holmes installed.

https://slipfence.com/vertical

They also have other designs.

Available at Home Depot:

https://www.homedepot.com/s/slipfence?NCNI-5

Cool

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Clever stuff!

Our fence is done. Yahoo! No more dog walking every few hours and Sam is ecstatic!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We need pics of Sam in his new yard!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No rain forecast for tomorrow. I’ll get a picture.

He yips as he runs out the door!

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Here he is! It's 35 degrees and he shows no interest in coming inside.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Sam looks like he's pretty happy. I think you said the neighbors have dogs; have they met yet?

As for the cold....my neighbors used to have huskies. Those guys would sleep outside in the snow. Some dogs love it.

BTW....that's very similar to our fence...

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
There are dogs on either side of us and Sam likes to snarl and bark at them through the fence. The neighbor dogs bark right back so there is that, but this is not going to work.

If you have any ideas on how to break him of this I'd like to hear them. They play together just fine when they are not on opposite sides of the fence.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Not a problem we've had. Found this article that suggested a few things I think I'd be trying.

https://www.rover.com/blog/sto...-fence-wars-barking/

Maybe it will just take a little time. Or maybe the owners going out to commune at the fence with the dogs. Changes the pack dynamics.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Reading that article confirms that I do not have the requisite energy to be a dog owner. My hat’s off to those who do.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post